Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Now for my Official Entry!
The meaning of this image-
Some time ago Valentine experienced an injury which many didn't expect him to get through.
It would be a nightmare to feed him as he couldn't eat by himself.
For the first few days I didn't allow Valentine to see Sky because of the condition he was in, but when she finally came to visit, he was so happy! The reaction is unforgettable. It gave him confidence to fight the battle which he had nearly lost. Eventually, I decided to let him out after a week had gone by, Sky following him wherever he went making sure he was alright. She always stuck by his side, no matter what.

gemster-albums-sky-valentine-picture22243-valentine-sky-life-partners.jpeg

Here is another Just For Fun picture of the birds watching the sunset together.
(Sky still watching over him!)
gemster-albums-sky-valentine-picture22244-sky-valentines-safeguard.jpeg

Yesterday he just turned two years old! Now chewing at his kabobs.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Thrilled he pulled through. Gem, will you share with us what happened to Valentine?
It's a lovely image, they both are, thank you so much for sharing. :heart:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Some time ago Valentine experienced an injury which many didn't expect him to get through.
For the first few days I didn't allow Valentine to see Sky because of the condition he was in, but when she finally came to visit, he was so happy! The reaction is unforgettable. It gave him confidence to fight the battle which he had nearly lost. Eventually, I decided to let him out after a week had gone by, Sky following him wherever he went making sure he was alright. She always stuck by his side, no matter what.

Valentine's story is doubly apt for this contest!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
One of my favorites of love bug Tucker and my granddaughter. He's so sweet and gentle with her.

And just for fun, a solarization/almost silhouette. Tucker's favorite place to be... Nose to nose, staring into my eyes
c1f83cd2cc6f5bcf6d5fe8f3d30ab5a8.jpg
cf84a29d11a3b7142fc94e33d5603045.jpg

Wow! I love both, but the pic of Tucker and your granddaughter absolutely floors me! One of the sweetest pics I've ever laid eyes on!

There is such a touching love story in these pics! Beautiful moments captured.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I love this thumb!!!!! (JFF)
laurasea-albums-neptune-blue-picture22245-img-20200211-140954940.jpg

laurasea-albums-neptune-blue-picture22246-img-20200211-141029414.jpg

laurasea-albums-neptune-blue-picture22247-img-20200211-141040932-burst000-cover-top.jpg

laurasea-albums-neptune-blue-picture22248-img-20200211-141135506.jpg

laurasea-albums-neptune-blue-picture22250-image.jpg

If you looked up "Contented Bliss" in a visual dictionary, I'm pretty sure these are the pics you'd see!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
One of my favorites of love bug Tucker and my granddaughter. He's so sweet and gentle with her.

And just for fun, a solarization/almost silhouette. Tucker's favorite place to be... Nose to nose, staring into my eyes
c1f83cd2cc6f5bcf6d5fe8f3d30ab5a8.jpg
cf84a29d11a3b7142fc94e33d5603045.jpg

Wow! I love both, but the pic of Tucker and your granddaughter absolutely floors me! One of the sweetest pics I've ever laid eyes on!

There is such a touching love story in these pics! Beautiful moments captured.
Thank you Stephen. Granddaughter just turned 4, and Tucker turned 4 in July, so they'll grow up together :) The best thing is her little giggle every time his beak touches her face. Melts me every time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Growing up together. That's amazing. And you're not the only one being melted around here. Such a heartwarming sight.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Official entry my New Love Pikachu, wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day!
laurasea-albums-pikachu-picture22251-img-20200212-101056953-burst001.jpg

Just for fun the rest of the flock, the goal was having everyone together, I hope if I can manage that I can change my official entry ;)
laurasea-albums-pikachu-picture22253-img-20200212-102709794.jpg

laurasea-albums-pikachu-picture22252-img-20200212-114539405.jpg

Whoa, that's a big heart!
laurasea-albums-pikachu-picture22254-img-20200212-113723799.jpg

This photo session starts with heart and and a whole lot of " oh my word " panic flying. Then a lot of bribes while we stand by it, then a lot bribes to perch by the heart. :) After a couple of hours trying to get them all together we tired! But I'm going to keep trying later!

Come on parrot forum start taking pictures, we need more love!

Last edited:

Gemster

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 4, 2019
Media
Parrots
Valentine-budgie (M),
Daphne-budgie (F)
Rip-Sky
Rip-Bell
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Thrilled he pulled through. Gem, will you share with us what happened to Valentine?

Thank you all for your kindness.
I don’t really know what happened to Valentine because I wasn’t there but all I know is that he seriously hurt his leg. He ended up catching an infection meaning he had to be on multiple medication. Unfortunately, he lost his leg.
This little, but brave Valentino made it through, not whole but full of confidence.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

Just for fun the rest of the flock, the goal was having everyone together, I hope if I can manage that I can change my official entry ;)

This photo session starts with heart and and a whole lot of " oh my word " panic flying. Then a lot of bribes while we stand by it, then a lot bribes to perch by the heart. :) After a couple of hours trying to get them all together we tired! But I'm going to keep trying later!

Lovely series celebrating Valentine's Day!

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016

Awww, very nice Laura. I love how they are all compliant with the Photo Op. :D
They are all beautiful! :heart:

OP
Tami2

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016

Thank you all for your kindness.
I don’t really know what happened to Valentine because I wasn’t there but all I know is that he seriously hurt his leg. He ended up catching an infection meaning he had to be on multiple medication. Unfortunately, he lost his leg.
This little, but brave Valentino made it through, not whole but full of confidence.

I am so sorry to hear this, poor little guy. Thank God, you found it when you did, and was able to give him the help he needed. You could have easily lost him over this. Thank you so much for sharing his story. He is one special bird! :heart:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Forget me and Joe, just look at how Kiwi and Cas are looking at each other! They spend a lot of time looking with loving curiosity at each other :07:

WRgffcZ.jpg

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Forget me and Joe, just look at how Kiwi and Cas are looking at each other! They spend a lot of time looking with loving curiosity at each other :07:

WRgffcZ.jpg

Was wondering after your family... So happy to see that everyone is doing well and that your boys are loving on each other!

What a wonderful contest entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions