Not open for further replies.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Alright! The first photo is my entry. The rest are just for fun. Tried to stick with the POTM theme, but that last picture...I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it again. I just HAD to share the horror movie in the making. (That's her cage and the cage cover, I was wondering how the hole got in there the previous night, then was greeted with this in the morning). Enjoy!

akridchaos-albums-birbs-picture23174-sleepy-warbeak.jpeg

akridchaos-albums-birbs-picture23165-724cd6f0-5614-48a5-96fe-14a56beaec65.jpeg

DJWA2VS.jpg

nN7ByJO.jpg

akridchaos-albums-birbs-picture23176-eye-spy.jpeg

LOL with the peek-a-boo!! sweet!!

Jim

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Alright! The first photo is my entry. The rest are just for fun. Tried to stick with the POTM theme, but that last picture...I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it again. I just HAD to share the horror movie in the making. (That's her cage and the cage cover, I was wondering how the hole got in there the previous night, then was greeted with this in the morning). Enjoy!

DJWA2VS.jpg

nN7ByJO.jpg

akridchaos-albums-birbs-picture23177-fluffy-ducks-row.jpeg

Oh my goodness, thank you, these are all so precious!! That first photo nails the theme so perfectly! And that adorable little sweetie playing "peekaboo" - you've got one smart little cookie on your hands there. My heart is melting! :07:

I love all of these pictures! I love pictures of parrots can never get enough!
Adorable beautiful black cap conure!!!
Can't stand the utterly perfectly captured eye peekaboo!!! That is an awesome, amazing picture!!!!

WhiteFlight

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 20, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Parrots
Meisha: Umbrella Cockatoo | Female | 03/09/1989 Hatch Date
We often Reach Out and Touch Someone in the task of obtaining or exchanging information.

The following is a reflection of my son’s quest to Reach Out and gain specifications on Meisha’s forward flight control surfaces. At twenty-four flight feathers per wing, each feather unit is unique.

Wing-Feather-Count-v1.gif

As for the total feather of the airframe, my son has restarted his count again.
I’ll get back to you.

Entry Classification: Technical / Funzie

Last edited:
OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
We often Reach Out and Touch Someone in the task of obtaining or exchanging information.

The following is a reflection of my son’s quest Reach Out to gain specifications on Meisha’s forward flight control surfaces. At twenty-four flight feathers per wing, each feather unit is unique.

I’ll get back to you.

Magnificent display of Meisha's flight controls surfaces in regal beauty! Quite a collection, would make a lovely wall display!!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
The full lay-out of the Wings is a display in and of themselves! Remember, that the tail feathers are a very important part of the flight frame! And to add just a bit of magic to it all; under the body feathers are fine body hair that ride under the body feathers that provide feed-back as to the air-pressure under and over the body.

The amazement of just how their flight is so very different from what the majority of us believe.

Great photo for this contest!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17

The following is a reflection of my son’s quest to Reach Out and gain specifications on Meisha’s forward flight control surfaces. At twenty-four flight feathers per wing, each feather unit is unique.

I’ll get back to you.

WOWZA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Another Just For Fun
6501d2546d16c26b433c2500cd887071.jpg

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
More Conure cuddles, we know Salty likes adorable conure pictures.

eDtk9Jz.jpg

The home is full of love today
I present the Kiss

XWjvpoV.jpg

GFi7q2N.jpg

Sweet! Your house is pretty much full to bursting with love, Laura! I love all of these shots! Wow!

Just for fun-Bumble is turning into a snuggle bug

4abb8864de3be630c8f6dbfb90c41e9e.jpg

What a sweet pair! Inseparable!

This is my entry, I hope the link works.

Elvis getting scritches.

Birb gets head scritches - YouTube

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

You can almost hear Elvis' contented sigh. He's visibly on Cloud 9!

Last edited by a moderator:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I feel silly for having to ask, but how do I post pictures on here? I know how to do it on my profile, but the problem I’m having is when I upload a picture, it turns sideways. So I delete it and reupload with a flipped picture and it’s still flipped. I remember having this problem in the past and don’t remember the fix for it. Been a really long time lol. Just wanted to send a few “just for fun” pictures since it’s been so long, and MAYBE make an entry with one. But I’m struggling right now lol

Here's a link on how to post pics on the forum, which will take you to my updated explanation on page 6. post #51: http://www.parrotforums.com/technical-support/6287-how-post-pictures-6.html

Hopefully that helps for next time. But feel free to reach out if you have further questions.

DJWA2VS.jpg

nN7ByJO.jpg

What an awesome collection of pics! And yes, that last one is high comedy!!! I was dying over here!

And one last just for fun, to show off my newest member to the family. They aren't exactly touching physically, but they're together mentally ;)

akridchaos-albums-birbs-picture23177-fluffy-ducks-row.jpeg

Love it! Beautiful flock!

I’ll get back to you.

I love how completely comfortable Meisha is with your son as well. That's complete trust right there. And such beautiful feathering!

Another Just For Fun

You and Bumbles are on fire this month! Another great shot of you two!

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Another Just For Fun

That two-way outreach and trust is magnificent! What does Bumble think of your nails?

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
This is my reach out and touch someone photo.
Bingo makes this sort of photo too easy.

Bingo touch by wes mcfaden, on Flickr

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Just for fun

Tucker ALWAYS reaches out to touch. Direct contact with the face is a must for him whenever possible! :)
c6fffb68d63afe844acdeb8c63d672ec.jpg

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Just for fun

Tucker ALWAYS reaches out to touch. Direct contact with the face is a must for him whenever possible! :)

Adorable Tucker, clear image of Ekkie fine feathering on head and shoulder areas. How could you resist that candy-corn beak?!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Just for fun

Adorable Tucker, clear image of Ekkie fine feathering on head and shoulder areas. How could you resist that candy-corn beak?!
He's so sweet. Resistance is futile!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Another Just For Fun

That two-way outreach and trust is magnificent! What does Bumble think of your nails?

Surprisingly, she doesn’t seem to mind them. Occasionally I’ll pick a color she doesn’t like and I usually know right away! Of course I respect and appreciate her fashion advice [emoji23]

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Just for fun

Oh my stars this is lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions