Feet Question

Blondie22

Oct 5, 2022
Parrots
Senegal
So I noticed my Senegal had one discolored foot. It’s the whole foot, not just the plantar surface like in bumblefoot. There’s just a reddened appearance and then the rest of his leg is normal in color. His feet aren’t hot, he’s walking normally, and acting normally. It just seems odd and I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this? I did use water to rinse the foot in case he touched an irritant but I can’t think of anything he would have come in contact with.
5D4E7D6C-2D5B-43E2-ABA6-0DEC54CADD63.jpeg
0D5E1898-7D92-4C3B-88B8-8C675024FB13.jpeg

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
That is so strange, agreed! I am absolutely no expert, buttt... if you decide to pursue veterinary help, I offer this. I saved it from a previous member's reply.

Most of us swear by our avian vets in the event of health concerns.
Certified Avian Vets
If none are near you...
Avian Veterinarians
In my opinion, any of the vets listed here should be better than a regular vet.

Good luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Hi—has his foot been discolored for a long time, or did you just notice this? Is there any chance that his foot is stained with berry or dye? Or maybe a colored birthmark?

If his foot isn’t hot, he’s using it same as the other foot, it doesn’t hurt him to touch it, I don’t know what to say. I’m looking at his foot photos and wondering if the redder foot seems swollen compared to the other one. The skin looks drier on that foot. Hmm. I think I would take him to the vet if a bath didn’t fix the problem.

junior98

Oct 17, 2022
New England
Parrots
1998 senegal parrot
Any status update on this? Curious to know. I just took a picture of my senegal for comparison. I think there could be a cut on your birds foot and causing that discoloration, and others said, bring to vet asap.. don't want him to lose some toes... This guy is 25 years old...

Attachments

• 20221018_181016.jpg
    20221018_181016.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 54

Most Reactions

Latest posts