Female bird regurgitating to another female bird?

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
So I will admit I have caught my two birds mating. They are both female and both about 18 years old. One is a Sun and one is a Quaker. Quaker is one month younger than Sun.

In the past week, I have caught them regurgitating a couple of times as well. In both cases, the Sun regurgitates to the Quaker.

Is this a definite courtship? Or could it be something else? I feel like my Sun is very nurturing to her little sister.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Hi, it really doesn’t matter. Your birds don’t know the difference between boy and girl. They are doing things that strengthen their bond. Feeding is between mates, parent and baby, stronger and weaker bird, as is preening. It is not about sexuality or breeding and if it was, would it matter? You will not get baby birds!

Animals are just animals. Your two birds are old birds. They are happy together. It would be very stressful to separate them. Enjoy that they love and care for each other. Who would not want to get old with your good friend?

OP
F

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
Hi l Heather

Thanks for the feedback. I was not planning to separate them. I guess I just wanted to get inside their little heads.

Most Reactions

Latest posts