Female budgie is not sitting on her eggs

HiteshParmar

Apr 29, 2020
India
Parrots
Budgie, Future planning African Grey
Hi Friends
My female budgie is not sitting on her eggs. I don't understand what should I do? Help me...

Thank you.

Noahs_Birds

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 24, 2019
Toowoomba/Highfields, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC's, Rosa Bourkes Parrots, Full Red Fronted Turqoisine Parrots, Quaker Parrots 'Scomo PM' 'Jenny PM's wife', PLUS: Rare Finches, Doves and Quail
With budgies, incubation generally doesn’t commence until the 4th egg is laid (some will sit before that though)
How often are you inspecting the nest? Those first few days you shouldn’t go anywhere near the nest because otherwise the female will just lay the eggs and leave
How is the cage/aviary setup?
If she’s young, more than likely she’ll need 2-3 attempts before she sits on the eggs properly and raises chicks

OP
H

HiteshParmar

Apr 29, 2020
India
Parrots
Budgie, Future planning African Grey
Thank you for your reply
On 10 may she laid her first egg and on 13 may second, 14 may third, 16 may fourth and 18 may Five.
So while she laid her first egg i saw it but she was not sitting on the egg. And my cage is little smaller but i have a made an enclosed structure within the cage. As you said i observed that she had started sitting on the eggs. So in total there are 5 eggs so after chicks are born. So how will the female budgie raise those chicks. So after hatching process is complete what is the time process to shift the chicks or is there a need to shift or not?.

Most Reactions

Latest posts