Fertile Parrot Eggs Are Real?

teen

Jan 18, 2023
Hi everyone, I found many websites selling fertile parrot eggs. Is this real or online scam? Thanks

OP
T

teen

Jan 18, 2023
What about this website? Is it real or scam?

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
100% scam site. Waaaaay too many red flags, and a simple Google search will tell you everything you need to know. Even on the off chance they were legit, they claim to be US based, which wouldn't help in your case.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Scam. I would add some more decimal places on the chance of actually getting parrot eggs sent by shipping. More like 99.999999999% chance of being a scam.

Don't waste your time or money trying to buy eggs. Deal either with a breeder in your area or a brick and mortar pet store where you can actually meet the parrots. Because parrots are highly valuable there is a LOT of dishonest scammers in the world.

Good luck!

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
In addition to them almost always being a scam, as someone whoā€™s ordered and hatched poultry eggs online - parrot eggs are very very VERY fragile. Most chicken eggs barely survive the shipping environment- and smaller bantam breeds like Sebrights have very poor shipping success rates (sometimes as low as under 10%). This is partly due to poor fertilization and partly due to the disturbances the egg will experience in shipping.

Unlike chickens, parrots have comparatively small clutches and donā€™t lay as often, so the eggs are more costly per unit and you cannot order in bulk to offset the rate of those that will inevitably become non-viable. In addition to that, parrot chicks are altricial, requiring near constant attention and care. By contrast, domestic poultry are precocial - in fact, there are many companies who will ship freshly hatched chicks in the mail as itā€™s safer and more reliable than shipping eggs, and they take a day or so to absorb the yolk so they generally arrive hungry but fine!

All that to say, if you donā€™t have experience with raising altricial animals, especially birds, youā€™re probably going to lose any young you hatch or acquire. They aspirate easily, and when they do can develop pneumonia or simply just drown.

OP
T

teen

Jan 18, 2023
100% scam site. Waaaaay too many red flags, and a simple Google search will tell you everything you need to know. Even on the off chance they were legit, they claim to be US based, which wouldn't help in your case.
What is "red flags"?

OP
T

teen

Jan 18, 2023
Can anyone please tell me the safe website that sells parrot online?

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Can anyone please tell me the safe website that sells parrot online?
you're not going to find one. they really do not exist. you need to deal with someone in your area rather than ""ordering"" a bird online.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
There are precious few reputable breeders or shops that will ship, but even if you find one, they won't ship out of the country. International shipping of parrots is legally... complicated. If you find someone claiming to do it, if they actually exist, they're an unethical, untrustworthy source looking for your money. If you managed to get a bird from them, it's likely to have health issues, if it even survived the shipping process at all. Otherwise pretty much guaranteed they're scammer, looking to steal your money, and nothing will ever be shipped, because it didn't exist.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
It is much better for you and the bird if you can find a breeder nearby. Even better if you find someone who will let you visit with the baby as it is weaned - Youā€™ll bring home a parrot that knows you and is comfortable around you. Try searching for parrot breeders in your area.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
If you are dead set on raising a bird from an egg, perhaps consider poultry? They do best in trios, and can be quite tame and companionable if hand reared. Theyā€™re also very easy - you need to keep them warm as they canā€™t regulate their temperature when theyā€™re small, but they feather out fast and they hatch out able to eat chick or gamebird starter crumbles & drink water on their own! Pekin & call ducks can make fantastic pets for example, and with ducks you donā€™t need to be concerned about crowing. They will need outdoor access & a body of water if you go for a waterfowl species (I have seen folks have success with kiddy pools or livestock water troughs) so youā€™d need to have a yard, but there are folks whose companion chickens/ducks live indoors part time. They make little diapers for them!

I haveā€¦used them before, LOL. About 15 years ago I lived in an apartment complex with a duck pond, and I rescued a little duckling who got separated from his family. His name was Pickle, and heā€™d sleep in my bathroom and go out every morning with the sunrise to hang out with his buds, and come right back up to my door to come inside at sunset. He was a clever and charming little fellow!

Call ducks are quite small, averaging around 560 grams, which is about the size of a medium-large parrot. Theyā€™re also fairly popular and available in most countries. They can fly, so their outdoor pen/play area needs to have a roof. Theyā€™re fairly hardy birds and more clever than most people give them credit for.

OP
T

teen

Jan 18, 2023
Many parrots are protected birds, can I buy it from a zoo?

Most Reactions

Latest posts