FF Smaller Parrots

Harpytacines

Jun 15, 2022
Parrots
Lovebird
He also has a Budgie that joins in but not there today, and soon Lovebirds.

P.S. This is not to encourage people to Free Fly any bird of any size WITHOUT professional and extensive guidance and full knowledge of risks involved.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Ever greater areas of North America and Western Europe are becoming heavily populated by Birds of Prey and Free Flying has become dangerous for those with Parrots outside, let along free flying one's Parrots outside.

It takes extensive work to bring Parrots to a point that such activities -- with 'recall' training being the most important.

Parrot Forum has seen members ever those very well trained Parrots fly away and not return! The pain of loosing a Parrot is heart breaking and it is more heart breaking to watch as one's Parrots flies away.

OP
H

Harpytacines

Jun 15, 2022
Parrots
Lovebird
True, I used to own pigeons too, and I would be equally heart-broken if they got eaten by a Hawk too, although with pigeons, it's generally accepted to free fly and all the dangers that come with them.

There will always be risks, even for the most experienced flyers, and there's also risk, though smaller, even if you just walk a small dog outside or take them to the park, from other dogs. Hence, my FF club that I'm mainly doing is geared towards indoors (90% of it), and would only consider outdoor with the utmost training and environmental conditions factored in. It is definitely something that one should be learning in You Tube or just from thinking that because they have a hand-fed/tamed bird that it will go back to them once out!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts