Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
@foxgloveparrot

89835c84-4613-4f42-82a4-95efc758568a.png

SakiSMH

Jun 29, 2023
Parrots
Alfie, 3/27/23 Blue Headed Pionus
So... I don't know if it's a good idea or not.... but I just wanted to train drawing dragons from "How To Train Dragon". Because it's a parrot forum, I thought about you dropping your fids and I will try to "insert" its colors to one of the dragon species. Example what I mean:
View attachment 55560
View attachment 55559

Notes:
- I will try to use different dragon species but I also can repeat them (eg. if you drop a GCC pic, I may make another "green-cheeked nightmare" (just different mutation, for the same ones, I won't be repeating) or to use another dragon species)
- Probably in most cases I will be using ready poses from Internet (I forgot to credit - this pose comes from here: https://www.deviantart.com/kappadori/art/The-Monstrous-Nightmare-368760446 ) In next tries of drawin' the species, I may start trying to create new poses
- if you want, you also can choose preferences (eg, you like one species and you want it too or you don't want something). I don't promise anything but probably it shouldn't be a problem
- I may change patterns typical for feathers to typical for the dragon species

If you want an art of your actual fid, I have a separated thread here: https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/trying-some-art-your-fids.87467/ It's already 3 years old and my art is outdated there but it's still open - I just will be continuing it in a different way (if you want to to take part in both threads, it's also fine)
I am loving these! Here's Alfie if you want to do her!

Attachments

• 20231029_183507.jpg
    20231029_183507.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 11
OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Thank you :)

Meantime I made sketches of next two dragons, I will try to finish them tomorrow.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Peach is beautiful ❀️ I love princess parrots!
Thank you, yes she is gorgeous, and very sweet natured too. And I feel very lucky to have her πŸ₯°

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
It's funny, a nickname for Phoenix was Rainbow Raptor
View attachment 55675
Done
c3b4d2e3-158d-4888-979c-e2dc4099dc97.png

This time, I did an experiment because I took a species called as "snowtail" and changed its design a bit by adding feathers. I'm not sure if it was a good idea but... Here we go

Also, since now, I may start doing it much slower because tomorrow it's my first day of real working and I am not sure how much free time I will have.
Anyway, I will do the rest too

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Done
View attachment 55714
This time, I did an experiment because I took a species called as "snowtail" and changed its design a bit by adding feathers. I'm not sure if it was a good idea but... Here we go

Also, since now, I may start doing it much slower because tomorrow it's my first day of real working and I am not sure how much free time I will have.
Oh this one is wonderful too, Rozzy, very well done indeed!! 😍

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Done
View attachment 55714

The GRADIENT! THE TAIL!! This is so good!

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Rozzy can you please do one of Peachie? She would make such a pretty little dragon!!

View attachment 55696
Done!
IMG_20231105_200013.png

It's my last art in this thread - I decided to close further requests, I won't be doing it anymore because I ran out of energy and I have some art ideas which I wanted to continue after the break time
However, "Trying some art - your fids" thread is still open because my way of drawing non-cartoon parrots was changed recently and I am fine with practicing it (I am just a bit tired of drawing dragons)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Done!
View attachment 55812

It's my last art in this thread - I decided to close further requests, I won't be doing it anymore because I ran out of energy and I have some art ideas which I wanted to continue after the break time
However, "Trying some art - your fids" thread is still open because my way of drawing non-cartoon parrots was changed recently and I am fine with practicing it (I am just a bit tired of drawing dragons)
Oh Rozzy, I'm sorry if this is going to be the last one, I hope you change your mind cos what you've done with Peachie AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for doing this one for me, I love it!! 😍

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Oh Rozzy, I'm sorry if this is going to be the last one, I hope you change your mind cos what you've done with Peachie AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for doing this one for me, I love it!! 😍
Thank you :)

Maybe I would "reopen" it later but I don't think I will do it because I wanted to start making a comic teaser with dragons. The fact that I started working makes it even more complicated, so I prefer not continuing this thread because of limited free time (I will be having a break time now anyway)

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Done!
View attachment 55812

Thanks for all the effort you put into making our fids into dragons!

Most Reactions

Latest posts