Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hello fellow artists, hope yall are doing well.
Not sure what else to name this thread so I hope the title is appropriate

So this is just a small artist rant, if you're not into that I suggest you click off this thread.

I haven't drawn in months and I've been trying to get over art block, but all my drawings end up looking like trash and I lose all motivation to continue.

My artist instincts are telling me to be creative and make things but I just can't do it anymore. Maybe I'm just too stressed to do it, or I'm just to hard on myself. Maybe a bit of both.

Art is only thing (other than animals) that can actually make me happy, but nowadays it just stresses me out and I quit frustrated. The thing is I want to get better, and in order to improve I have to create art, but since it frustrates me so much, I just can't get better, so I just gradually get worse at it to the point where Iose hope of getting better and just give up.

I'll probably get over it eventually but it's really frustrating to deal with. I want to pursue art full-time when I grow up, and with where I'm at right now, it seems like that dream will go to waste.

I hope there is someone that can relate or that has gone through this

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I think it is very understandable - I think that most artists have art blocks from time to time. I am on a Discord group where I often see people talking about distraction from art - however I think that in most cases I see short art blocks but I also have seen that some people have few months art blocks like you.

I can't really talk about my art blocks because honestly I don't remember when I had a longer break time for the last time if I had any after changing my art style to digital art (maybe on the beginning had, I just don't remember). My only "block" I'm having is that I wanted to start making a comic and I still haven't started (it's been one month I think?) - but it's not a "total" art block because even right now I'm working on my first art trade

Maybe don't force yourself to draw, maybe after a break time you will draw something good (once time after a break time I felt so good doing it again). I hope this moment will pass

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Hello fellow artists, hope yall are doing well.
Not sure what else to name this thread so I hope the title is appropriate

So this is just a small artist rant, if you're not into that I suggest you click off this thread.

I haven't drawn in months and I've been trying to get over art block, but all my drawings end up looking like trash and I lose all motivation to continue.

My artist instincts are telling me to be creative and make things but I just can't do it anymore. Maybe I'm just too stressed to do it, or I'm just to hard on myself. Maybe a bit of both.

Art is only thing (other than animals) that can actually make me happy, but nowadays it just stresses me out and I quit frustrated. The thing is I want to get better, and in order to improve I have to create art, but since it frustrates me so much, I just can't get better, so I just gradually get worse at it to the point where Iose hope of getting better and just give up.

I'll probably get over it eventually but it's really frustrating to deal with. I want to pursue art full-time when I grow up, and with where I'm at right now, it seems like that dream will go to waste.

I hope there is someone that can relate or that has gone through this
Yeah, gone through this too. Basically I just watch thing a that inspire me and don’t draw or make art for a while… or try different mediums. Or have deep thoughts and those occupy and inspire me somewhat. My latest art thingy was about growth.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I mostly stepped away from art because I was overwhelmed with school and life so I guess that's why I got stuck in art block. I wanted to do art but I just didn't have time. The only art I did was for school projects but I didn't really enjoy it because there was a deadline and because I had to draw something specific that I didn't want to draw

But yeah, thanks for the tips :)

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I mostly stepped away from art because I was overwhelmed with school and life so I guess that's why I got stuck in art block. I wanted to do art but I just didn't have time. The only art I did was for school projects but I didn't really enjoy it because there was a deadline and because I had to draw something specific that I didn't want to draw

But yeah, thanks for the tips :)
My tips were weird because I was tired, but I still strongly encourage you to view other’s art even if you’re not making it yourself.

Most Reactions

Latest posts