firefox reverting to https

dthakkar845

Jan 18, 2023
FIREFOX reverts to https. I have tried every suggestions on google to fix this problem but the problem still persists. Any help would be appreciated.
I have tried setting network.stricttransportsecurity.preloadlist to false, changing settings to 'Dont enable HTTPS-Only mode and recreating profile.

Thanks,
DT

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Firefox has long been my favorite browser. I stopped using it on the forum when I became a mod solely because of some formatting issues when performing moderator tasks. Aside from that, never had an issue.

There are a few things you can try. Clear cache, cookies, etc. exit, reboot your machine, restart Firefox and see if that helps. Uninstall and do a fresh install of Firefox. Worth a shot.

I'm not a fan, but because it's easy and it works for my purposes, I use Microsoft edge, only for the forum. Firefox or Chrome (depending on the device) for everything else. Chrome on my cell phone works well for the forum too.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
FoxFire has long been problematic when History is not emptied.
I had used it regularly, but was running into like problems and switched to Safari.
To be fully transparent, they are all having problems as the problems with hacking have them switch /patching and depending on what or who they are currently avoiding.
We will likely be faced with switching around until someone finds a way to ending the actions of the hackers.

Last edited:
OP
D

dthakkar845

Jan 18, 2023
Thanks for the response. I failed to mention that I am having issues on Parrot OS and not Kali. However, I like Parrot OS lot more than Kali because Parrot is very pleasing interface and doesn't have weird Windows Size/Font issues under VirtualBox like Kali does. Parrot works seamlessly for me except for this firefox issue.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Ahhh, okay. I might suggest trying chrome or opera instead if the issue persists. Also, just wanted to make sure you are aware that we are a parrot, as in... birds, forum, not a Parrot Linux forum.

Most Reactions

Latest posts