First Grey cuddles!

Gillis

Sep 26, 2015
upstate NY
Parrots
Paco TAG 18 yrs ~&~ Peanut GCC 1 yr
Not to steal GreyNickels's thunder, but I also had my first cuddle session! Paco the "mean biting parrot" who never lets anyone touch him is finally starting to open up and ask, in his own weird little way, that he wants to be pet. It was a very special moment that went on for 10-15 minutes. :)

IMG_9912_zpswaa1t9ty.jpg

IMG_9910_zps7n6qnhb9.jpg

Very good!!! Congratulations!!! Cool feeling, ain't it? :D Greys are so amazing.

That is awesome! Many Grey's are not touchy feely. But still like a head rub now and then. But you definitely have to earn it. So this is a huge step! Congrats!!

Thank you, everyone! Yes, it's such an amazing feeling and I think Paco even enjoyed it. ;)

That is awesome! Many Grey's are not touchy feely. But still like a head rub now and then. But you definitely have to earn it. So this is a huge step! Congrats!!

You're right about having to earn it, that's for sure! Amazingly, he let me stroke his entire body, wings, everything, BEFORE letting me pet his head. I think he had a little backwards? But hey, whatever works for him!

Thank you, everyone! Yes, it's such an amazing feeling and I think Paco even enjoyed it. ;)

You're right about having to earn it, that's for sure! Amazingly, he let me stroke his entire body, wings, everything, BEFORE letting me pet his head. I think he had a little backwards? But hey, whatever works for him!
Hey, that's even better. Some Grey's don't mind touch more then others! ;)

Most Reactions

Back