First time Sun Conure owner

chadfromnc

Sep 19, 2011
NC
Parrots
Sun Conure
Hello everyone,
I became a parent to a 1 and a half yr on Sun Conure (Fiji) back in April from a man that was moving and had to give him up, Its my first conure as I have only had a cockatiel in the past. I have had a feeling that he is a caged bound bird as he will stay in their just about all day, I leave the door open and he barly comes out on his own which is sad, i hate seeing the fella in their on his perch. I do get him out and interact with him but once i set him down he heads straight for his cage, he recently got his flight wings back. I was exicted for him until I found out that everytime i get him out of his cage he lets you pet him for like 2 minutes and then he wants to fly right back to his cage. so I think im gonna clip them. Any Advice on how to handle a cage bound bird??? My cockatiel couldnt wait to come out of his cage!!! On a plus Fiji is soo quit barly ever makes a peep, which is sad too cause i do want him to chat and talk every now and then. I have recently started trying to get him to eat pellets , he has been on a seed diet his whole life, and i want him to be healthy, When I first got him I though it was soo cute watching him eat peanuts He got plently till i learned their high in fat and not good all the time so now he eats dried fruit. hes not a big fan of the pellets yet so thats a work in progress.
Im learning so much daily thanks to websites like this one. also my bird doesnt seem to like be on his back but i see tons of pics of birds laying on their back do i just have a unique bird lol lol... all advice welcome.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back