( Fixed! )Help! My sunconure is very scared now!

ThatGuy

Aug 23, 2021
Killeen Texas
Parrots
Sun Conure (1 foot)
Its 5 AM. My sun conure, mango while i was in my room on my phone with her she suddenly started to fly all around the room and fall behind my bed, i managed to get her out of there but she is basically shocked and afraid of hand feeding and my fingers or anything at this point. Shes in her cage right now but she no longer wants to come out and does not go into her bed anymore || This morning she seems to be normal and wants to be with me now

Last edited:

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Don't panic. Be very calm and gently talk to her. I have not too much experience of this situation but my instincts are to keep an eye on her without getting in her face. Leave her to calm down and possibly sleep. Are you sure she isn't hurt? I would observe without stressing her out but just whisper sweet nothings to her when she is awake. You may need to go very gently for a while. I wouldn't do anything that obviously scares her.

OP
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Aug 23, 2021
Killeen Texas
Parrots
Sun Conure (1 foot)
Don't panic. Be very calm and gently talk to her. I have not too much experience of this situation but my instincts are to keep an eye on her without getting in her face. Leave her to calm down and possibly sleep. Are you sure she isn't hurt? I would observe without stressing her out but just whisper sweet nothings to her when she is awake. You may need to go very gently for a while. I wouldn't do anything that obviously scares her.
Okay.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
hi!
I've had stuff like that happen over the years with my parrots. Its so easy for them to develop fear of hands.

But you definitely can get past that and build back the trust bank. Sometimes quickly and sometimes it takes a little longer.

I find explaining things to them, and apologize really weirdly has a positive effect. And not getting stressed or taking this set back personally.

Then bribes! Don't try and force anything. Just say hi a bazillion times a day abd offer some yummy tidbits. Don't chase them around with your hand to offer, just offer, if they come sbd get great, if not out it in a small treat only dish and walk away. Repeat , every 15 min or lol all day long. Baby talk praise

Most Reactions

Latest posts