Flight Club Fly Days in Tacoma!

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
There was a reptile show in Oregon or somesuch, so it turned out to be another quiet day (well, besides the screaming toos).

This week we had a DYH Amazon, a red lored Amazon, two sulfur crested toos, and of course Kirby! I totally forgot to get photos of the other birds again, but Kirby did finally let one of the other parrot owners give him an almond today!

IMG_0379.jpeg

I tried to get Kirby to look at his new toys, but the other parrots proved more distracting than me. The kids brought a board game and played it while we hung out. Everyone ended up leaving about an hour early though, since it was a small group this time!

I’m hoping I can catch one of the trainers that comes sometimes so we can talk about if Kirby would be a candidate for attempting to refledge. We read about the process on the Amazon sub forum here and I have wanted to work on it, and now that he has his flights it may be a possibility- but we need to take it very slowly.

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
IMG_2586.jpeg

IMG_2582.jpeg

IMG_2584.jpeg

This week we played board games!

Not pictured; a mom and her toddler came in and Kirby was obsessed. They were playing on the floor with the two nadays you see on my head and the black capped caique who is in the background of that photo, and Kirby wanted to get down there and get into whatever they were doing so bad! I didn’t let him because the caique has squared up to macaws in his home before and the nandays like to be naughty and tease (they took turns landing next to him and flying off, he was patient but annoyed, kept showing them his beak but not actually lunging).

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
What a fun looking parrot party!

It’s always a fun time! The nandays eventually got bored of teasing Kirby and went to hang off the basketball netting.

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
Kirby is like the poster child for patient Orange Wings! I forgot hpw nice they can be - I had one briefly a long time ago.

He is ridiculously nice. There’s a red lored and a blue front Amazon both looking for homes in our group and I’ve been asked several times but I keep saying no- I don’t want to rock our boat with another Amazon!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
View attachment 51533
View attachment 51534
View attachment 51535

This week we played board games!

Not pictured; a mom and her toddler came in and Kirby was obsessed. They were playing on the floor with the two nadays you see on my head and the black capped caique who is in the background of that photo, and Kirby wanted to get down there and get into whatever they were doing so bad! I didn’t let him because the caique has squared up to macaws in his home before and the nandays like to be naughty and (they took turns landing next to him and flying off, he was patient but annoyed, kept showing them his beak but not actually lunging).
Kirby doesn't a6ppear to mind that two nanday conures are sitting on your head and neither do you!

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
Kirby doesn't a6ppear to mind that two nanday conures are sitting on your head and neither do you!

Humorously, I too am trying to acclimate myself to conures! They’re a different kind of loud than an Amazon, and they’re always into something.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Humorously, I too am trying to acclimate myself to conures! They’re a different kind of loud than an Amazon, and they’re always into something.
What's more fun than a Nanday on your head? TWO Nandays on your head! And they are famously loud! Small flocks of them fly around southern California screeching for the sheer joy of it!

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
What's more fun than a Nanday on your head? TWO Nandays on your head! And they are famously loud! Small flocks of them fly around southern California screeching for the sheer joy of it!
They were indeed very loud! The conures we have been looking at are the littler guys (dusky headed, the half moon I posted here) so I figure if I can get used to a couple nandays screaming on my head I can handle anything.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
They were indeed very loud! The conures we have been looking at are the littler guys (dusky headed, the half moon I posted here) so I figure if I can get used to a couple nandays screaming on my head I can handle anything.
Yes, I agree. There is a pitch they get that to me seems it will shatter glass at any moment.
I do think you'd be ready for anything.

Most Reactions