Flight feathers not growing back?

Cassrock80

Sep 26, 2021
Parrots
Parakeet - Bobby
This is my parakeet Bobby again. I've got another relatively clueless question for you. I got him about 2 to 3 months ago and obviously he had his wings clipped at the store. But after all this time despite the fact that he has already seemed to be molting his flight feathers haven't come back in yet. His right wing seems to have grown back a couple longer feathers but his left seems to have made no progress at all. I have found a several clipped feathers around the house or in his cage that he seems to have shed but I have also found several longer full feathers. Sorry if that's not a great way to describe it like I said, I'm clueless LOL. I'll include some pictures here to show you what I'm talking about when I mentioned the difference between his left and right wing. I'd appreciate any info help! Thanks
IMG_20210926_231944.jpg
IMG_20210926_231926.jpg
IMG_20210926_194702.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hard to say exactly when his feathers will grow back, but it does look like the one in the second pic has got a bit of a head start! You may need to keep a bit of an eye on that one, particularly if it's still growing, as it doesn't seem to have any other feathers around to support it at this stage. The clipped feathers that he has shed will probably take around four to six weeks to regrow.

OP
Cassrock80

Cassrock80

Sep 26, 2021
Parrots
Parakeet - Bobby
Hard to say exactly when his feathers will grow back, but it does look like the one in the second pic has got a bit of a head start! You may need to keep a bit of an eye on that one, particularly if it's still growing, as it doesn't seem to have any other feathers around to support it at this stage. The clipped feathers that he has shed will probably take around four to six weeks to regrow.
Alright. Can do. Thanks again!

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
All clipped birds will have thier wings grow back my tiel took a whole year maybe amore to grow hers so it takes time multiple molts

Most Reactions

Latest posts