For anyone with an air purifier that has proven safe and effective

psitticine

Dec 23, 2022
Parrots
Chichi (2021 - 2022)
Rainy (current)
I want to provide the healthiest space possible for my birdo. If you have an air purifier you trust, please let me know which one so I can give her the best air to breathe :)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I want to provide the healthiest space possible for my birdo. If you have an air purifier you trust, please let me know which one so I can give her the best air to breathe :)
I love my Honeywell HEPA room air purifiers. I have three of them and they collect amazing amounts of airborne particles on the pre-filters. I can't believe I actually used to breathe in all that household dust and feather dust before I got them! I have much less dust on my furniture now. They have four settings including "turbo" for when you want to "quick scrub" the air, like after cleaning cages. They are rather ecpensive- about $250 each for the large 350 model- but Filtrete brand purifiers )also excellent), are about the same price. The replacement HEPA filter are pretty expensive but I save a lot of money buying "generic" ones on Amazon. Instead of replacing the prefilters periodically I vacuum all the dust off them once every couple weeks. I only replace them once a year. I replace the HEPA filters every three or four months. If you have birds or any other high dust situation I recommend going with one size larger than the size recommended for the square footage of your room. They are more effective when you place the unit close to where your birds cages are.

Most Reactions

Latest posts