Found Toucan

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
My vet just shared a post with pictures of toucan in the trees in a town near me. Does anybody know of a person in/around San Diego, CA who's lost a toucan?

I know we're not supposed to post Facebook links, but I can't find a different link. It's my vet's page, so it might not be the first post that shows, but it's a couple pictures of the bird in the trees.

https://www.facebook.com/AlpineCommunityNetwork/

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thanks for posting this, so many raptors in the area. Some speculation in the comments he has travelled a very long way!

OP
B

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
Looks like the bird people at both Sea World and the Zoo of given out their cell phone numbers in case it's spotted again so they can go out and try to capture it. The people at the San Diego Zoo are amazing, so hopefully they'll be able to capture the bird and care for it until its owner is found.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Looks like the bird people at both Sea World and the Zoo of given out their cell phone numbers in case it's spotted again so they can go out and try to capture it. The people at the San Diego Zoo are amazing, so hopefully they'll be able to capture the bird and care for it until its owner is found.

That is great! I've heard Toucans are extremely delicate, so whoever gets this bird must be very careful. Glad to see such interest.

Most Reactions

Latest posts