Our Mustaches Parakeet just flew away!!!

Mar 11, 2016
Centennial, CO
Parrots
Morgan- (2) PGCC, Merlin- GCC (10 months), Chi-Chi-female Mustache Parakeet ( 11 months) , Teddy-Budgie (6 months)
Hi all,

Our mustache parakeet, who was just at that vet and just had her wings cut (supposedly) just flew out our sliding glass door. She went over the house and we cannot find her anywhere! We are in Centennial, CO . Her name is Chi-Chi and she loves to chatter. She does not like hands but will step up onto arms and shoulders. She loves to give kisses. We are so worried with all the cats and animals in our neighborhood as we are going into the evening hours.
Thank you,
Lynn

Attachments

• chi chi.jpg
    chi chi.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 304

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
When I got the Rickeybird 30 years ago, I was told by the seller that clipped wings ensured safety against escape. I now know that was not true. I was lucky, and had no tragedy. I am so sorry. Yes, put his cage out, well-lit at night, with food and water in it... notify local agencies/news shows... put photos up everywhere...

My heart aches for you. Good luck.

Patagonian hugs.

OP
2greenconurestostart
Mar 11, 2016
Centennial, CO
Parrots
Morgan- (2) PGCC, Merlin- GCC (10 months), Chi-Chi-female Mustache Parakeet ( 11 months) , Teddy-Budgie (6 months)
Okay good news we have spotted her! The bad news is that she is up in a 30 foot tree and is not coming down. Cage? The neighbors aren't home and we don't know if we should leave it

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Fire-department?????

EEEK!

If only YOU could go up in the ladder-bucket...

OP
2greenconurestostart
Mar 11, 2016
Centennial, CO
Parrots
she just flew away again!!! :-(

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Sorry I just saw this, screw the neighbors! Do what ever you need to do to save her life! I lost my JoJo for only 20 minutes and I was devastated!
For the most part, they don't know how to fly down!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I'd be up that tree regardless. Listen for her chatter, if you know what direction she flew. Either now or first thing in the am. Call her name and if she has a contact call for you and you have one know to her, use it! Good luck.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I'm crossing my fingers for you to get your precious girl back again. How awful it is that you are having to go through this I'm so sorry. The Sticky thread in the link provided by Terry has some great information for bringing your lost bird home again. I wish you the very best.

dennisbro3112

Jul 20, 2016
And u say the fire depth can't come? Get a ladder of offer food, I don't really know just saying what's coming into my head. I really hope u get her back.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
So sorry to read this. I do hope you get her back safe and well.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I hope Chi Chi had a safe night and is in a better mood to fly toward her cage. The more you get the word out to your neighbors the better chances of getting her back.

Please keep us advised, especially if you have any sightings.

OP
2greenconurestostart
Mar 11, 2016
Centennial, CO
Parrots
I hope Chi Chi had a safe night and is in a better mood to fly toward her cage. The more you get the word out to your neighbors the better chances of getting her back.

Please keep us advised, especially if you have any sightings.

Thank you all. It got dark after she flew off and the wind picked up. We went looking this am right when we would be feeding her and it was quiet in the neighborhood. We have a neighborhood email named next door where I posted last night. We just got an email stating a woman heard a parrot like noise in the tree outside her house. checking it out now!

Most Reactions

Latest posts