Froyo

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Yeah... there's a bird tax on that stuff as well.

I can't wait to take Baxter out to frozen yogurt! Love it :)

Did the froyo shop let Maggie go in to get the yogurt?

I bet she REALLY likes that stuff! Did they give you a special sample spoon for her:D

Actually, now that you mention it, back when I lived in California, a friend of mine who I knew from the rescue (he had a CAG), just happened to own a Baskin Robbins across the street from Sarah's favorite park... the place with Sally's bird tree.

At the time I only had six birds... and our weekend thing was to spend the day at the park with a picnic lunch. The birds would get outside and play in a tree, and Sarah would play all day and wear herself out...

And then we'd go across the street to BR and get our ice cream.

We would eat outside, and we'd line the parrots up along the railing on the outside eating area... My buddy would come outside with a cup of orange sherbert, and give them each a taster spoon full. They'd sit there holding the spoon, and eat their ice cream with us...

Funny thing was, my buddy always went out of his way for us. When ever that happened, a crowd would inevitably gather, and suddenly there'd be a rush of "Mom, can we get some ice cream too?!"

He sold more Ice Cream when the birds came to visit. There were times when traffic literally stopped on the little side street by the ice cream shop...

Yeah, indulging the parrots goes way back with me....

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back