Fruit tree buds- safe?

widor

Aug 23, 2021
Media
Hungary
Parrots
2 Green Check Conures,2 linolated parakeets- RIP, 2 kakariki
Hello, spring is finally here in middle Europe means lots of work in the garden -cutting branches for example. We have fruit trees as apricot, peach, cherry and due to the mild weather there are full buds on them. I know the branch itself is not good for them (apples, pears ok), but how about the buds itself? I bought some nice branches inside to blossom and my 2 conures went staright for the buds.The trees were never treated , we planted them 10 years ago so we know.

If it is safe I think we have many happy hours to come - and they will get it only under supervised not to chew the branches.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hello, spring is finally here in middle Europe means lots of work in the garden -cutting branches for example. We have fruit trees as apricot, peach, cherry and due to the mild weather there are full buds on them. I know the branch itself is not good for them (apples, pears ok), but how about the buds itself? I bought some nice branches inside to blossom and my 2 conures went staright for the buds.The trees were never treated , we planted them 10 years ago so we know.

If it is safe I think we have many happy hours to come - and they will get it only under supervised not to chew the branches.
Hi, I'm not sure about the buds, but I suggest taking out the peach branches because peach trees are toxic for birds

Most Reactions

Latest posts