Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I want to hear your bird stories that made you laugh.

My Blue-headed Pionus, Talli, is a character.
He will fly over to my desk where all the treats are, and bide his time. Then he will go over and start throwing the treats out of the container one by one and watches me to see if I saw him. I always see him because i know he is going to either eat a treat or throw it.
Well I had the walnut container open on my tray I use for their food, and Talli flew over to it. After a few minutes he went and grabbed a walnut and ate if, and I pretended I didn't see.
Then he threw one onto the floor, I said, "Talli, no, don't do that" and he grabbed another right while I was watching and threw it. Then Justice and Darwin started laughing, Talli had grabbed another walnut and dropped it because he started laughing, and I was dying laughing with them. I think we all laughed together for about 15 minutes, because as soon as I could stop laughing, one of the birds would laugh and get us all going again.

Now please share your stories, we all need more laughter.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Oh, Terry, love it!
On the worst day, the Rickeybird can always get a laugh from me. It may be a short one, a begrudging one, a quiet one, but... that is his ridiculous little gift to me. His favorite gift FROM me? Chiles, of course. It's our Zen. Chile. A laugh. A laugh. Chile. "Ha ha!"

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh, Terry, love it!
On the worst day, the Rickeybird can always get a laugh from me. It may be a short one, a begrudging one, a quiet one, but... that is his ridiculous little gift to me. His favorite gift FROM me? Chiles, of course. It's our Zen. Chile. A laugh. A laugh. Chile. "Ha ha!"
My favourite nephew Rb!!!! Please give him an extra chili from me:)
Your Xander was quite funny today too. He finally had enough of Kodee's bullying and went right up to him screaming "WHAT?". Kodee kept trying to intimidate him but Xander wasn't having any of it and just kept screaming, "WHAT" like what are you gonna do about it?

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Ok, this was funny while it was happening but I don't appreciate it much 😅 It was a couple days ago, and I had my QP Tony out, he was just walking back and forth on the kitchen table, inspecting everything, I was on my computer. He came up and started trying touch the screen, then he reached down and pulled off one of the keys! He's done it before but he dropped it immediately, but not this time, he took off (running) across the table because he wanted to look at it, but I didn't want him to loose it so I distracted him with a treat so he'd drop it, he did drop it finally, took the treat and while I was picking up the key he ran back over to my computer and took off with another key! I got it back too, but he's such a little brat! :LOL:

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Ok, this was funny while it was happening but I don't appreciate it much 😅 It was a couple days ago, and I had my QP Tony out, he was just walking back and forth on the kitchen table, inspecting everything, I was on my computer. He came up and started trying touch the screen, then he reached down and pulled off one of the keys! He's done it before but he dropped it immediately, but not this time, he took off (running) across the table because he wanted to look at it, but I didn't want him to loose it so I distracted him with a treat so he'd drop it, he did drop it finally, took the treat and while I was picking up the key he ran back over to my computer and took off with another key! I got it back too, but he's such a little brat! :LOL:
I'm so sorry, but I'm laughing so hard at the vision of that! They always win. Sigh.

KissyBeak

Feb 5, 2022
Parrots
White budgie (lotus)
Denim cobalt linnie (neelu)
Oh my gosh what a great thread!
My budgie Lotus is the comedian of the flock. She has an amazing vocabulary and speaks in context. She even makes jokes and laughs at them.
A recent tidbit:
Lotus: do we have cheese?(she is obsessed with fresh mozzarella)
Me: yes we have cheese, maybe daddy will give you some later. But we can’t have cheese everyday. Do you know why?
Lotus: It’s not cheap.
Me: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 no honey, because it’s not healthy. Oh my gosh LOLLLL
Lotus: hehehehehehehe

KissyBeak

Feb 5, 2022
Parrots
White budgie (lotus)
Another one , I can’t resist !
Lotus (on my shoulder as I sort through a paper grocery bag full of so much unopened mail): What are you doing?
Me: I’m helping Howard (our neighbor) with his mail. You know Howard? This is all his mail.
Lotus: Oh my God.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just one more for now :I have this one on video…

Lotus: Do you have teeth?
Me: yes, I have teeth. See?
Do you have teeth?
Lotus: I can’t bite very if I have teeth.
Me:😂😂😂😂😂😂
Lotus: hehehehehehe
Me: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Lotus: oh goody goody
Me: 😭🤣

Last edited:
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Oh my gosh what a great thread!
My budgie Lotus is the comedian of the flock. She has an amazing vocabulary and speaks in context. She even makes jokes and laughs at them.
A recent tidbit:
Lotus: do we have cheese?(she is obsessed with fresh mozzarella)
Me: yes we have cheese, maybe daddy will give you some later. But we can’t have cheese everyday. Do you know why?
Lotus: It’s not cheap.
Me: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 no honey, because it’s not healthy. Oh my gosh LOLLLL
Lotus: hehehehehehehe
HAHAHA! Lotus knows the value of a dollar!
What a great vocabulary, too many people think that budgies can't talk. Lotus can not only talk but she can definitely put things in context!

KissyBeak

Feb 5, 2022
Parrots
White budgie (lotus)
HAHAHA! Lotus knows the value of a dollar!
What a great vocabulary, too many people think that budgies can't talk. Lotus can not only talk but she can definitely put things in context!
So true!
I was pretty shocked myself when she started talking, esp since I was told females don’t talk (vet says she is female but she’s not dna’d, her gender is a controversial subject on tiktok 🤣) , and the contextual thing blows our minds constantly.

Especially when she says things that we never taught her , or puts together her own concept of something in her own words, the way a child does.

Love spreading and sharing budgie appreciation, thanks!

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
And then there was the time that I had to take a phone call WITH A POTENTIAL NEW ACCOUNT in the same room as the bird (this was @1990 when telephone life was not so portable............. you answered a call wherever you could) and he was screaming and laughing and yelling my name, about 100 decibels, nonstop, like when did he actually even breathe? I couldn't hear a thing. I'm sure the other party was equally flummoxed. Oh, yeah, the deal never happened. I still wonder if that would have been the one that made me a millionaire. Bah.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I am not a morning person. When I got my first job, I was told if started at eight. That would have been nice. It usually started at seven or earlier, and I had to bus to work. So I got up very early.

Halfway through this two year job, i adopted Lucy (QP). She already had several phrases, but learned many new words from me. Unfortunately, some of those words and phrases were colorful. Lucy quickly learned to yell , “oh, sh!t!” whenever the alarm clock went off or the vacuum cleaner appeared.

Lucy has been gone for almost two years, but I still remind myself (in her words) that “it’s o-cage” when I’m stressed out.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I've probably shared this one before.

I was parrot sitting a CAG. ( a long while ago) the owners said I could stay in their large home as a nice break from my tiny apartment. Their home was kinda out in nowhere nature with lots of glass walls and big windows no curtains.

My first night, I go to bed early maybe 9( I work at 7) sometime after midnight. The CAG starts hollering WHO IS THERE?! WHAT IS GOING ON?! over and over. I bolt out of bed and come running to investigate. His cage is by the big glass wall looking out to pitch black nothing, and he is staring out there. I'm spooked, turn on lights check doors and windows..... He starts laughing his spooky evil laugh.......

The next day I check in with owners and tell the them what happened and asked if this is something he does? Nope never they say. But agree he has a spooky evil laugh that he likes to use.

The next night he pulls the same thing at about 2 am . He added some other spooky stuff like I SEE You! Same evil laugh follows me back to bed after I check house. I swear he snickered off an on for an hour.

The 3rd night he waits till 3:30 am to pull this! Adds some Hello Hello who's here, someone is here! I get up, no sleeping with how loud he is. He starts evil laugh. I tell him that's not nice, no one is here. He very quietly says, someone is here. ......

I didn't sleep over after that!
I was freaked out staying in that house with all the windows. He knew! He totally played me! Owners swear has never played that prank on any other pet sitter or guest. Never talking in the night ever!

That stinker, waking himself up in night middle of the night to prank me!!! Then laughing his feathered butt off!!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Hmm. Maybe he was saying that YOU were there. Or, maybe there was a presence from beyond. Either way, very creepy.
I lived my first 18 yrs in the middle of nowhere. For a few yrs I had a bedroom in the basement with a window at floor level: I kept my parakeets by the window on a tall dresser.
One summer night, a bear came out of the woods to eat the sunflower seeds out of the bird feeder. The bear apparently walked over to my window and watched my birds and me, sleeping. We could tell because our backyard was all sand and the big prints were visible. I kind of wish I’d seen the bear. But the parakeets did not tell me nor did they laugh evilly.

(we lived next to fish & wildlife land between Nicollet national forest and chequamegon national forest in Wisconsin.)

Last edited:

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
About two years ago Jasper called 911.
He was playing with my phone, and I was right there watching him, so I thought it was ok.
Then THAT happened, and I said, “oh, sorry, there’s no emergency, that was just my bird, heh.”
Silence. Now that I think about it that part was hilarious.
And of course they didn’t believe me, so they CAME TO MY HOUSE, and I introduced everyone to Jasper, told them it was an accident, and after like 6 minutes of explaining stuff they left.
But my weird brain still thinks I should allow him to play with my phone, and since then he’s broken it twice, but I mean…
He’s only a bird, it’s not his fault.

Last edited:

𝕾𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖞𝕻𝖎𝖈𝖆

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Stormy doesn't talk, but I can tell pretty well what he's thinking, so here's a 'convo' we had:
Me: Hey Stormy-Wormy
Stormy: What doin!?
Me: Can ya come?
Stormy: I COME!!! I always there!!!
Me: 'Scuse me, can I get the millet?
Stormy: I'm not getting of your hand, if that's what you mean.
Me: Okay, got it.
Stormy: Yeah *happy fluff*

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Lucy used to invite anyone who knocked on my apartment door to “come in!”. Usually the door was locked and guests were foiled but once I was in the shower and she invited the apartment maintenance men in.
I emerged from the bathroom luckily wearing a bathrobe and said “what the hell are you doing in here?!” And the men replied I’d invited them in. NOW they know only to enter if a human opens the apartment door.

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
About two years ago Jasper called 911.
He was playing with my phone, and I was right there watching him, so I thought it was ok.
Then THAT happened, and I said, “oh, sorry, there’s no emergency, that was just my bird, heh.”
Silence. Now that I think about it that part was hilarious.
And of course they didn’t believe me, so they CAME TO MY HOUSE, and I introduced everyone to Jasper, told them it was an accident, and after like 6 minutes of explaining stuff they left.
But my weird brain still thinks I should allow him to play with my phone, and since then he’s broken it twice, but I mean…
He’s only a bird, it’s not his fault.
wow, I didn't know it is even possible😱😱

Zenek is able to finish a video conversation - he's already done it two times. Later My friend recalled me and I explained it was Zenek.... but he's never called anybody... He only sent a comment on fb :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts