Galah Cockatoo Gender is she a she or a he? (OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED SHES A SHE!)

GalahMacawMama

Mar 20, 2022
Parrots
Galah Cockatoo
Hi there, so I recently became a Galah owner, my partner and I bought them from a family who have raised a variety of birds but they chose to sell to us because they didn't have the time to dedicate their attentions. We were told originally they believed this galah to be male however they were told actually she's a female, I'm not sure what role the person who told them this had as that wasn't mentioned. I've read a lot about how you can gender a Galah and how it can be difficult but the easiest way is with the colour of their eyes. The pictures that I've seen don't look anything like my feather baby's so I'm wondering if anyone here can help me. Also I know male birds tend to be the chattier and louder ones sometimes and for the most part she's pretty quiet, the odd chirp when playing and a squawk on a needy day when she thinks we've left her but have just gone the toilet. I have found some places that offer DNA testing but I thought I'd see what people here think. These are probably the clearest pictures of the eyes I have. Thank you for any help yous can offer its greatly appreciated
Screenshot_20220319-182932.png
Screenshot_20220320-163951.png
:)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
They look reddish to me, so I'd guess female. Sometimes the red is obvious and sometimes it's not, so it isn't always easy to tell...
But looks like a "she".

OP
GalahMacawMama

GalahMacawMama

Mar 20, 2022
Parrots
Galah Cockatoo
They look reddish to me, so I'd guess female. Sometimes the red is obvious and sometimes it's not, so it isn't always easy to tell...
But looks like a "she
Oh okay yeah I've only found pictures of females where there eyes look really obviously pinkish red. But it's reassuring to know she does look like a she. It's just she seems to have started to recognise her name which is Blossom and that'd just seem like a very girly name if she is in fact a boy haha

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
beautiful !
Welcome to the forums
Looking forward to stories about Blossom 🌸

OP
GalahMacawMama

GalahMacawMama

Mar 20, 2022
Parrots
Galah Cockatoo
Astonishingly gorgeous galah regardless of gender! I'd guess female based on eye color but beware exceptions! Curious to learn results if you pursue DNA testing!
Oh thank you yeah of course a real beauty! I think we will do a DNA test just so we know for sure, so will keep you posted!

Most Reactions

Latest posts