George the Senegal

hopes450nana

Apr 27, 2024
Parrots
Senegal Parrot....George
This is George in his new home. I bought him at a pet store, where he was born, after his original owner returned him. George was 4 years old and I've had him for 15 years this month. He was always a shoulder bird but now he steps up on my finger; whenever he decides ! I have been bitten a few times because he was startled or I was insistent. I've learned to recognize the signs. like the certain throaty noise. He's a cautious and quiet bird, generally. He usually hangs out on the top of his cage. He's just becoming used to his new cage and doesn't swing his little heart out yet. It takes him awhile to adjust to new things, like when his swing was replaced. It took him 9 months to hop on it! Besides eating Zupreem he loves bananas, broccoli, any kind of pasta, ground turkey, Rice Chex, chips and pita bread. Most of the time he knows, whenever I'm eating something he can have; I have no idea how. His eyesight and hearing is remarkable. He knows I'm up even though he doesn't see me. He starts immediately chirping, whenever my adult son walks through the front door, or near his cage. George doesn't talk but he seems to have a lot to say. He could be in a dead sleep but if he realizes I'm away from the computer he relentless! He is a sweet and loving bird who loves his deep, neck massages. There are times when he can stand on my finger and cuddle forever. He's persistent if he doesn't want off my finger. There are times he ignores me. if I'm gone from him too long.

Attachments

• 435810462_945641357049329_1223249859784910600_n.jpg
    435810462_945641357049329_1223249859784910600_n.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 7

Birdlover#1981

Apr 25, 2024
This is George in his new home. I bought him at a pet store, where he was born, after his original owner returned him. George was 4 years old and I've had him for 15 years this month. He was always a shoulder bird but now he steps up on my finger; whenever he decides ! I have been bitten a few times because he was startled or I was insistent. I've learned to recognize the signs. like the certain throaty noise. He's a cautious and quiet bird, generally. He usually hangs out on the top of his cage. He's just becoming used to his new cage and doesn't swing his little heart out yet. It takes him awhile to adjust to new things, like when his swing was replaced. It took him 9 months to hop on it! Besides eating Zupreem he loves bananas, broccoli, any kind of pasta, ground turkey, Rice Chex, chips and pita bread. Most of the time he knows, whenever I'm eating something he can have; I have no idea how. His eyesight and hearing is remarkable. He knows I'm up even though he doesn't see me. He starts immediately chirping, whenever my adult son walks through the front door, or near his cage. George doesn't talk but he seems to have a lot to say. He could be in a dead sleep but if he realizes I'm away from the computer he relentless! He is a sweet and loving bird who loves his deep, neck massages. There are times when he can stand on my finger and cuddle forever. He's persistent if he doesn't want off my finger. There are times he ignores me. if I'm gone from him too long.
Welcome to you and George.... what a cutie he is!!

Conurefamily

May 2, 2024
Parrots
Conures
George is so beautiful!

Most Reactions

Latest posts