Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I have 3 cockatiels a mated pair (they don't produce young and I hope they never do) and a 12 yr. old male. The 12 tr. old Romeo, as far as I know never once had a bath in all of his life, I adopted him since easter of 2021 and to my knowledge he hasn't bathed unless he did it while I was away from home. I do on occasion catch the mated pair, Ryuk and Sheer Khan bathe, I see them do it about once a week or so, but I know this isn't good enough, my budgie bath probably 3-4 times a week, my QP does about every other day, but I just bring him in the shower with my nearly every day, my GCC bathes almost everyday. I tried bathing the cockatiels with a spray bottle by spraying the water straight up and letting in fall down on them but it really freaked them out, the have their water bowl, which isn't very large but they have a large bird crock but even when they do bath it's always in their water bowl. I tried putting greens in the water too, the female was absolutely terrified even though she eats them everyday! How have you guys got your birds to bathe more often?

Last edited:
OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
If your spray bottle has a colored tip on it, try getting one with a different color. My Amazon freaked out with one with a red tip on it. Got one with a blue tip and all is well.
Oh, I always hide the spray bottle in my jacket or in a towel, since their scared of it, probably because of the color, a yellow top with a blue tip 😅

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Oh, I always hide the spray bottle in my jacket or in a towel, since their scared of it, probably because of the color, a yellow top with a blue tip 😅
My tiel thinks he is allergic to water and runs away from it..misting bottle,under a faucet,nothing works. But because he is bonded to me he has no problem taking a shower with me..He's a wierdo.

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts