Good morning from the Aussie bird flock!

aussie_wings

Jun 24, 2022
🌴☀️Florida, USA☀️🌴
Parrots
🌟 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽〘F Lutino Budgie〙🌟
✈️ 𝙅𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙧〘M Cinn-Turq-Pied-Spang Kakariki〙✈️
Hi there! I was from Tailfeathers forum and moved over here once I heard. As my parrots list says, I have 2 female budiges, a lutino named "Starlight" and an albino named "Eggbertha"*, lol, as a well as a newly adopted Kakariki parakeet named "Gremlin". I've had Starlight since I was in a studio apartment a couple years ago. I took her home around Thanksgiving time in 2020, and we bonded for a while. There's an MMORPG called "Runescape" she used to like to watch me play. If she was out of her cage, she'd fly over when I started. I think she liked the sounds and the scenery a lot. Starlight became friendly pretty fast, but we still haven't been able to get Eggbertha to want to be handled. I think when the associate at Petco took her out of the cage, it traumatized her, because he was pretty rough. I don't force her to come out, but just do what I can not to make her scared and ensure she's taken care of.
We just got Gremlin the other day from an actual parrot store, so he was hand-fed, sexed and is already quite friendly with people. He's been wanting to come out and play with us and we've been giving him snow peas. He's inside, whereas the budgies are on the porch, so we have to watch the cat around him. Fortunately, she seems to be doing a bit better. She's getting used to him, I think, and realizing that we are not going to tolerate her stalking him and running up to his cage. It's still going to take some time though.

Nice to be here on the forums. You all seem pretty nice and I'm glad to be here!

*We thought Eggbertha was a male budgie when we got her, so my boyfriend named her "Eggbert", but then I realized she was a female, as she got older and I could see the color of her cere, so we began to call her Eggbertha. My bf didn't quite believe me on the gender. Then she birthed some eggs, lol. Eggbertha.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
A hearty welcome to you and your flock!
I'm really happy you joined us, and I'm still laughing about Eggbertha, I love that!

OP
aussie_wings

aussie_wings

Jun 24, 2022
🌴☀️Florida, USA☀️🌴
Parrots
🌟 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽〘F Lutino Budgie〙🌟
✈️ 𝙅𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙧〘M Cinn-Turq-Pied-Spang Kakariki〙✈️
Thank you all! I really appreciate it! :)
Lol, yeah I had to include the Eggbertha story. 😁

Most Reactions

Latest posts