Good Morning Sunshine! How Ya Doin?!

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Nah. Sweepea waddles around on the floor. She was slowly and deliberately climbing the smaller bird's cage specifically for the purpose of manipulating me into intervening and picking her up...

Then immediately up the arm to the shoulder, and pressed against my face, where she wanted to be all along...

Oh my goodness, that is so adorable. This forum has me hooked on BTM's and RFM's. I wish they were more popular in Canada!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Mark,you have an awesome flock there! Kiwi seems to be like she belongs with you and the rest of your group :D

I love the pic of Maggie at her dinner bowl <or was it breakfast lol>
Wish I had the room,and time,for a Mac,but Amy and The Cockatoo Man keep me on my toes and entertained.

Jim

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Love Love LOVE this. I've been so busy I have not had much time on the forum. So happy to see this thread. !!

It's honestly almost like she's been here all her life, other than the other birds still being nervous and curious about her. She just flat ignores them and keeps right on eating or playing...

Sweepea even did the jealous bird thing yesterday. (She was on my shoulder, Kiwi was on my hand. Did the intimidation/Lunge thing. Kiwi just sat there and looked at her. Didn't phase her one bit. Just kept chattering away at me.)

Last night I was handling her with Sally, and started scratching Sally's head. She put her head upside down. Kiwi saw a pin feather, and reached over and opened it. Just as calm as could be...

And Sally has suddenly become a lot more lively with a vocal zon in the house. Lila for the most part is very quiet, and the two of them pretend to ignore each other... unless the territories are intruded upon.

Eventually, I'm going to progress to two on each arm at the same time....

NOT QUITE THERE YET.

And that should actually help with the Sally/Lila rivalry.

Most Reactions

Latest posts