Goodbye isn't always forever

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies
I attended 4-H for 16 years of my life. Not once did anyone there try to communicate with me like the people I know now.
2 years ago, at the age of 18, I got a job. Within the first hour of be working there more people had spoke to me than in the 16 years prior.
Now, I'm not saying that no one spoke with for 16 years, it's just that they made it clear they didn't want to be friends with someone like me. I was shy and quiet. It takes a bit of work to get me to open up because no one bothered with me in the past. But these people did it. They got through to me. 2 years and I have full on conversations with them. I've gone to a party as well (pre-covid). 2 years ago I didn't want to have connections with anyone. I had connections with two people in the past who had ruined my life. They talked badly about me behind my back, one of them even went as far as judging me for my sexuality. I have been holding grudges against those two for years. Because of those two people I didn't want to get close to anyone. I didn't want to be hurt like that again. And I ended up getting close to some people.
I have learned that there is more to life than the people who have wronged me. I no longer turn to my animals for 24/7 attention and emotional support. My animals are as involved in my social life as they once were. I have made connections with real people.
Now for a personal moment, I'm going to leave out a good amount of detail as I'd like to keep it between those of us who were there.
Someone I was close with was leaving. Going to a better job. I last worked with them a couple days before they were leaving, and I felt horrible. I had walked out, sat in the parking lot for about 10 minutes before deciding that I didn't want to have regrets. I walked back in to say goodbye. And, because I didn't want to have any regrets, we hugged. Yep. Made me very uncomfortable, but I don't regret it.
Fast forward a couple days, it was their last day and I wasn't quite done.
I went in. I wasn't working, but I went in purely to say goodbye one last time, amoung other things.
Again, you guys won't get the majority of details here, but, while I am sad to see then go, I am happy with out it worked out. I don't regret a single thing I did that day. We have plans to meet up in about 9 months for my 21st.
It's not goodbye forever.
Now it's my turn to leave that job, as I have found a better paying job. I just don't want to leave yet. I'm not ready to say goodbye to my favorite person, not yet. But my time will come to say goodbye to everyone there.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
This shows some amazing personal growth. I know how hard it must be - but good for you!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
This shows some amazing personal growth. I know how hard it must be - but good for you!

^^^^THIS!!^^^^

Hard to top Inger's truth! Success begets more success, you are on the road to greatness and a more rewarding life!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

^^^^THIS!!^^^^

Hard to top Inger's truth! Success begets more success, you are on the road to greatness and a more rewarding life!

Inger and Scott are my go to word artists.

Life is amazing short! You will walk by tens of thousands in a life time. We are in control of whether we say hello / goodbye or nothing at all. SARS.CoV.2 has caused us to wear masks, which steals others from seeing a large part of our face, a very important part as our smiles says so very much.

For this next segment of life, try smiling and when anyone makes a small step to be helpful, thank them and smile!

And, when you leave, whether for a moment or forever, try saying "Goodbye For Now."

We are in far more control than we think we are, we choose far more than we think we do.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Inger and Scott are my go to word artists.

Life is amazing short! You will walk by tens of thousands in a life time. We are in control of whether we say hello / goodbye or nothing at all. SARS.CoV.2 has caused us to wear masks, which steals others from seeing a large part of our face, a very important part as our smiles says so very much.

For this next segment of life, try smiling and when anyone makes a small step to be helpful, thank them and smile!

And, when you leave, whether for a moment or forever, try saying "Goodbye For Now."

We are in far more control than we think we are, we choose far more than we think we do.

You are quite amazing, my friend Steven! Proof in this post and Yellow Nape Law saga!! http://www.parrotforums.com/amazons/88935-yellow-nape-law.html

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Wait..you wrote Yellow Nape Law? I just saw it for the first time the other day and loved it--- assumed it was behavioral but then saw that it was an epic, Masterpiece Classics saga lol!

Congratulations on your success and happiness!

I hope you keep in touch with your old friends! I cried when I left my last job, even though I hated it (because you do just get so attached).

Most Reactions

Latest posts