May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure, budgie
from Wikipedia
Original:
The maroon-fronted parrot (Rhynchopsitta terrisi) is a large, macaw-like parrot. It is dark green with a dark red shoulder and a maroon forehead and eye-stripe. Its underside of the wings and tail appear to be black when it is in flight. It makes a high, rolling cr-a ak sound. Groups sound similar to the acorn woodpecker if they are heard from a distance.

Translated:
The Rhynchopsita sponge is a large herd. Dark red, dark red shoulders, oak head and eyelashes. Look at the wings and tail as you fly. Listen to CR sound at high volume. When the noise is far away, it sounds like it has been attacked in the forest.

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I can't get this to work, every time I translate it 20 times it is still the same. does anyone else have this issue
but how is it possible? Are you sure you translate the translated text, not original all the time?

I thought it may be fun to find a text which originally was written in English and has own version in Polish and to translate both version ;) I chose the first paragraph in Wikipedia about Guadalupe amazons (all Polish version is a translation of English version)

Original English version:
The Guadeloupe amazon (Amazona violacea) or Guadeloupe parrot, is a hypothetical extinct species of parrot that is thought to have been endemic to the Lesser Antillean island region of Guadeloupe. Mentioned and described by 17th- and 18th-century writers, it received a scientific name in 1789. It was moved to the genus Amazona in 1905, and is thought to have been related to, or possibly the same as, the extant imperial amazon. A tibiotarsus and an ulna bone from the island of Marie-Galante may belong to the Guadeloupe amazon. In 1905, a species of extinct violet macaw was also claimed to have lived on Guadeloupe, but in 2015, it was suggested to have been based on a description of the Guadeloupe amazon.

English version translated:
Amazon violacea (Amazon violacea) or guadalupe stain is a type of invader known as invading Guadalupe. Also named by 17th and 18th century writers who received the scientific name in 1789. In the spring of 1905 he went to the Amazon and told Tibia and Elna (Marie Galante) Marie-Glant. Related. . It may be affiliated with the current Amazon government, possibly Gavlop Amazon. In 1905, Guadeloupe reportedly lost his black country, but in 2015, Guadeloupe said he was imposing a tax on Amazon by definition.

Polish version translated:
Amazon Purple is a genre from Guadeloupe. This was the case with writers of the 17th and 18th centuries. In 1789 he was considered a scientist. The Amazon River Project can be closely linked to the Amazon Empire. See Pink Thebiodurus with Elena at Mary Callland. The group is thought to have existed in Guadeloupe in 1905, but since 2015 its interpretation was based on a description of the Amazon rainforest.

Lol, Amazon parrot became Amazon rainforest :p

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Pepper(M): violet recessive pied Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Original text from my flock thread:

He was a fully-flighted fledgeling, so he's very confident! He LOVES recall sessions and just training in general, and he hangs out with me often.
He flew away in July of last year, them was 2 miles away at a trailer park. When I went to get him from his foster home, his eyes lit up. He recalled, spun, and kissed, he was so happy (then slept for 4 days straight upon returning home).

After 15 translations:

This is the real way, so it is very safe! He remembers meetings and workshops and often talks to me.
He flew in July 2 miles from the tractor. As I drove her home to clean, my eyes lit up. She remembers turning around and kissing him, she is so happy (so she sleeps 4 days together when she gets home).

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
From Wikipedia:
Original:
The SantarΓ©m parakeet (Pyrrhura amazonum), also known as Hellmayr's parakeet or in aviculture as Hellmayr's conure or the SantarΓ©m conure, is a species of parrot in the family Psittacidae. It is found in the eastern and central sections of the Amazon basin south of the Amazon River, only just extending onto the northern bank of this river.

Translated:
Helmir pigeon breed Pyrhura amazonum; it is also called Helmira or Conre santreum. It is located in the eastern and southern parts of the Amazon Basin.

How a conure became a pigeon?:eek::LOL:

Most Reactions

Latest posts