May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
from Wikipedia
Original:
The maroon-fronted parrot (Rhynchopsitta terrisi) is a large, macaw-like parrot. It is dark green with a dark red shoulder and a maroon forehead and eye-stripe. Its underside of the wings and tail appear to be black when it is in flight. It makes a high, rolling cr-a ak sound. Groups sound similar to the acorn woodpecker if they are heard from a distance.

Translated:
The Rhynchopsita sponge is a large herd. Dark red, dark red shoulders, oak head and eyelashes. Look at the wings and tail as you fly. Listen to CR sound at high volume. When the noise is far away, it sounds like it has been attacked in the forest.

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I can't get this to work, every time I translate it 20 times it is still the same. does anyone else have this issue
but how is it possible? Are you sure you translate the translated text, not original all the time?

I thought it may be fun to find a text which originally was written in English and has own version in Polish and to translate both version ;) I chose the first paragraph in Wikipedia about Guadalupe amazons (all Polish version is a translation of English version)

Original English version:
The Guadeloupe amazon (Amazona violacea) or Guadeloupe parrot, is a hypothetical extinct species of parrot that is thought to have been endemic to the Lesser Antillean island region of Guadeloupe. Mentioned and described by 17th- and 18th-century writers, it received a scientific name in 1789. It was moved to the genus Amazona in 1905, and is thought to have been related to, or possibly the same as, the extant imperial amazon. A tibiotarsus and an ulna bone from the island of Marie-Galante may belong to the Guadeloupe amazon. In 1905, a species of extinct violet macaw was also claimed to have lived on Guadeloupe, but in 2015, it was suggested to have been based on a description of the Guadeloupe amazon.

English version translated:
Amazon violacea (Amazon violacea) or guadalupe stain is a type of invader known as invading Guadalupe. Also named by 17th and 18th century writers who received the scientific name in 1789. In the spring of 1905 he went to the Amazon and told Tibia and Elna (Marie Galante) Marie-Glant. Related. . It may be affiliated with the current Amazon government, possibly Gavlop Amazon. In 1905, Guadeloupe reportedly lost his black country, but in 2015, Guadeloupe said he was imposing a tax on Amazon by definition.

Polish version translated:
Amazon Purple is a genre from Guadeloupe. This was the case with writers of the 17th and 18th centuries. In 1789 he was considered a scientist. The Amazon River Project can be closely linked to the Amazon Empire. See Pink Thebiodurus with Elena at Mary Callland. The group is thought to have existed in Guadeloupe in 1905, but since 2015 its interpretation was based on a description of the Amazon rainforest.

Lol, Amazon parrot became Amazon rainforest :p

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Original text from my flock thread:

He was a fully-flighted fledgeling, so he's very confident! He LOVES recall sessions and just training in general, and he hangs out with me often.
He flew away in July of last year, them was 2 miles away at a trailer park. When I went to get him from his foster home, his eyes lit up. He recalled, spun, and kissed, he was so happy (then slept for 4 days straight upon returning home).

After 15 translations:

This is the real way, so it is very safe! He remembers meetings and workshops and often talks to me.
He flew in July 2 miles from the tractor. As I drove her home to clean, my eyes lit up. She remembers turning around and kissing him, she is so happy (so she sleeps 4 days together when she gets home).

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
From Wikipedia:
Original:
The SantarΓ©m parakeet (Pyrrhura amazonum), also known as Hellmayr's parakeet or in aviculture as Hellmayr's conure or the SantarΓ©m conure, is a species of parrot in the family Psittacidae. It is found in the eastern and central sections of the Amazon basin south of the Amazon River, only just extending onto the northern bank of this river.

Translated:
Helmir pigeon breed Pyrhura amazonum; it is also called Helmira or Conre santreum. It is located in the eastern and southern parts of the Amazon Basin.

How a conure became a pigeon?:eek::LOL:

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Sometimes you don't have to translate 20 times to get something funny... I often read articles about parrots in Czech through Google translator and sometimes I get hilarious things...

Example:
1660573404610.png

My translation:
Spix's macaws have been flying for 2 months in Brazilian nature. How are the first eight "bluebirds" (???I know what this word mean but I dunno how to translate it) which are supposed to return this species to life after 22 years and not become extinct?

Google translation:
Macaws have been flying around the Brazilian countryside for two months now. How are the eight first "bluebirds" doing, who after 22 years are supposed to return this species to the living and not extinct?

Ok, this one is fine. They even translated "modrasky" in the same way as me πŸ˜… But now I'll translate what I got from Facebook translation (which was in Polish)

Facebook x Google translation:
For two months now, crops have been flying in the Brazilian nature. How are the first eight "blueberries" that are to return this species to the living and not become extinct after 22 years?

Spix's macaws are just cropsπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ:LOL:

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I just reminded about this game existence because I read another article through Google translator (from Czech again)....
"According to his investigation, two thousand years ago, North American Indians did not so often import aracanga macaws and military macaws from the territory of present-day Mexico, but instead caught green macaws, which lived in the present-day territory of the United States and were found there until the 1930s. "When we're dealing with natural history, we can be limited by relying too much on what we know from the present," says Moretti, who examined a series of paleontological finds from the US Southwest and found that among the bird bones were the remains of macaws, not macaws."

When I saw "green macaws" I was thinking about great green macaws because that's what the Czech name means... but after looking at original text (because something was wrong), they turned out to be thick-billed parrotsπŸ˜†

The end - "the remains of macaws, not macaws'. Google translator translated both "Ara" (macaw) and "arara" (thick-billed parrot genus) as "macaws".... what a shame there were no great green macaws in the article, having both "Ara zeleny" and "Arara zeleny" would be so so confusing to read through Google translatorπŸ˜†

I wanna come back to the game origins because it's a bit out of the game. Here's a bit of my post from here https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/my-bourkes.77465/page-2
Original:
On Tuesday during nest box cleaning, I gave under them paper towel. I thought maybe this could be a reason but later cleaning I saw Fela in the nest box. I took the paper towel but she still was outside the nest box. In the evening we hand-fed them and gave the nest box back their parents. We thought this is maybe because Bourkies from previous clutch were still with them - we took them to another cage.

20x translated:
When I clean the room, I put the sink on the sheets. I thought that was the reason, but while cleaning I saw a houseboy. I had paper towels, but I wasn't at the bar. I feed them at night and return to their parents. We thought it was because the clothes were in the first box - we put them in the second box.

Last edited:

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
I'm gonna revive this thread because we had so much fun here before everyone deserted it

Original:
Habitat:
Well-wooded areas, humid forest, forest margins or clearings, open deciduous areas, savanna woodland, gallery woodland along rivers or creeks, tall secondary growth forest; less commonly in mangroves and urban gardens or parks. Up to 750m (2460 ft).

Translated:
habitat:

Kawasan Langur Back, Hutan Langut, Tepi Hutan Ato Kawasan Lapang, Kawasan Down Luruh Terbuka, Sabna Langur, Kawasan Langur Gallery di Sanglung Sungai Ato Sungai, Hutan Fugung Sekundir Yang Tingi; Kurang Biyasa di Hutan Bakou Dan Taman Ato Taman Bandar. to 750 m (2460 Kaki).

Ok most of it didn't translate back to English

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
A quotation from my story "Parrot Land: The Lost Island" (Sorry for using it but it was my first thought because just uploaded the next chapter)

Original:
Natalie: Why do you always keep being so negative? You’d like free others and we’d like return home. Without freeing others, we can’t return, so I think we have the same goal? Is it better hiding from the rest of the world and other tribe members being kidnapped or they being free and the world knowing about this island? If other parrots really wanted you to become extinct, Casey’s nephews were already dead. They are the last known glaucous macaws.

Translated:
Natalie: Why are you always so stupid? They want others to be free, but we want to go back. We can not go without freeing others, so we have the same goal? Which is better: to hide before the world comes and conquer other nations, or to be free and tell the world about this island? If other monkeys wanted to kill, Casey's children were the last monkeys to die.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Here's a thingy I wrote a few years ago for a bird care guide.

Original:
In general, most parrots require a large flight cage if they are going to spend an extended period of time inside their cage. If they are out of the cage for 10-11 or more hours a day, they will most likely be fine with a smaller sleeping cage. Regardless of the cage size, all birds need several shredding and foraging toys, as well as natural wood perches.

Translated:
Generally, most parrots need a big flying cage in order to stay in their cage long enough. If they cannot be out of their cage for 10-11 hours per day they will be more fine in a small sleeping cage. The cage is large enough for all birds that like watermelon.

??? Watermelon?

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
From @LaManuka's Lovejoy introduction thread :)

Original: For anyone wondering about his name, β€œLovejoy” is a fictional character from British literature, and the books were also turned into a TV series. It centres around a rather mischievous but eminently loveable (and handsome) central character of the same name, and I think those traits match those of lorikeets rather well.

Translated:
For all wondering name, Lovejoy is a character from English books. The books have became a book. It is centered around a handsome (but weird) character with a name, and I think it fits the bill for a pigeon very good.

I guess Lovejoy is now a pigeon...

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
From @LaManuka's Lovejoy introduction thread :)

Original: For anyone wondering about his name, β€œLovejoy” is a fictional character from British literature, and the books were also turned into a TV series. It centres around a rather mischievous but eminently loveable (and handsome) central character of the same name, and I think those traits match those of lorikeets rather well.

Translated:
For all wondering name, Lovejoy is a character from English books. The books have became a book. It is centered around a handsome (but weird) character with a name, and I think it fits the bill for a pigeon very good.

I guess Lovejoy is now a pigeon...
Tee hee, it's also the name of a British rock band, so I guess my little guy is a rock star now too!

RingneckRave

Aug 16, 2023
NSW, Australia
Parrots
Bluey - Indian ringneck
Sunny - Indian ringneck

Conny - Sun Conure (my sister's bird)
Soon to own a second sun conure
"**Everything you need for a parrot:**
- flight cage
- carrier cage
- avian vet
- natural wood perches
- platform perch 1-2
- pellets
- ingredients for chop
- treats
- shredding toys
- foraging toys
- foot toy (recommended)
- stainless steel bowls

Others you should get:
- food processor
- corn starch/styptic powder (in case of ||bleeding||)
- nail clippers
- f10 or vinegar to dilute (for cleaning)
- clicker
- chopstick/skewer (target training)"

"** All, what I need for an evening:**
-
-ドラプコーむ
-
-
- fuγƒ»γ‚Έγƒ£γƒƒγ‚Ώγ‚©γƒ«γƒž 1-2
-
-
-
- Versnipperen Speelgoed
- soupir ゴード
- voetenspeeltje (をーンベヴォren)
- stainless steel trachtaireacht

If you know otherwise:
- ·ヴェルェルカー
- piollaΓ­ maiszetmeel/bloedstelpend (vea f'geval ||ddemm||)
-
- f10 o azijn om te verdunnen (ho`opau hou)
- γ‚«γ‚ͺγƒŸ
- eetstokje/kiu (ki'i ki'i)"

(What on earth happened here!!)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
I'm reviving this thread with something from one of my old care guides: https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/a-complete-list-of-toxic-and-nontoxic-plants.92841/

Original:
Here is a compilation of toxic and nontoxic plants for parrots, from multiple reputable sources. If I missed any, just let me know and I will add them.
Keep in mind: any houseplant is probably toxic if eaten in large amounts. Nontoxic simply means it's okay to let your bird play in these plants and ingest some. If your parrot eats any of the toxic plants on this list, take him/her to your avian vet.

Translated:
Some places smell. If I missed something please let me know and I will add it.

Warning: Can be toxic in the home when used in large quantities. It is not toxic to birds, it is not good for birds. If your goat has ingested one of the poisons on this list, take him to the vet.

What the heck? Goat?? Some places smell??

Most Reactions

Latest posts