Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
From my "parrot mini encyclopedia" again. Now about cockatoos:
"
Characteristic features of cockatoos:
- a crest on the head, which they may fold and unfold depending on their mood
- they powder
- eggs are incubated by both parents
- they are social, inteligent
- they aren't quiet (the loudest one is Moluccan cockatoo)
Cockatiels are a bit different species. They are quieter and smaller than other cockatoos"

And translation mutation:
"Poppy attributes:
- The original labels may be skewed and stretched.
"It's ten o'clock."
"Mother Seed"
"It's very important to us," he said.
- They won't be silent.
The cocktails are a little different. They are slower and smaller than other hens.

What the hell??!! HOW??!! How "they powder" become "it's ten o'clock"? Or "they are social, inteligent" - "Mother Seed"?

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
This is a paragraph from "Diet + Nutririon" on the birdtricks website:

"Cooked whole grains, like brown rice can part of the daily diet but in very small portions. Grains and pasta are very high in carbs which are broken down into sugars, the excess of which are stored in our cells for use when we need energy. Too many carbs results in excess body weight."

Translated:

"Steamed rice, such as wheat bran, will be part of our daily diet, but only in small amounts. Wheat and pasta are high in carbohydrates that are broken down into sugars and stored in large quantities in our brains when needed. Too many carbs can cause weight gain."

I gotta admit, google did a great job!!

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
About lovebirds:
"They sometimes are colloquially called as "lovies" or "LB's".
They are small parrots but really aggressive."

And translated:
"It is always called "love" or "LB".
Insects are small but large."

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Pipp; I'm stealing this from your cage setup thread ;)
Original: Aviaries are also great but birds do tend to get less attention(see more at Cage Types). Always get the biggest you can afford(assuming it's above the minimum)

Translated: Aviary is most great, but birds do tend to get very little attention (see Cage Types for more info). always get the largest bird you can afford (as longs it is more than the minimum)

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
The last from my "parrot mini-encyclopedia" - about conures:
"
Conures are very social. They often love biting fingers, ears etc. In the wild they sleep in tree hollows, unlike most other parrots.
Bigger conures (like Aratinga genus) are louder than smaller ones (like Pyrrhura)"

Translated:
The metal is so wide that it cuts off your fingers and ears. It lies on the branches of a tree in the wilderness. Not like other chickens Larger clusters (e.g. Medium Rock) are stronger than smaller clusters (e.g. Barbe).

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
This is from an article made by TheSprucePets:

"Unless your home has central heat and air, along with good insulation, providing a comfortable temperature for your pet bird can be easier said than done. Building a fire in a fireplace is not a good option. Not only does an open fire pose a burn risk for a bird out of its cage, but the smoke from burning wood is also a health hazard. Birds have extremely sensitive respiratory systems and can easily develop serious health issues, including sudden death, from any smoke or fumes."

Translated:

"If your home has good air conditioning, even central heating and refrigeration, it may be easier to ensure the right temperature for your pet. Cooking is not a good choice. An open fire can harm not only the birds but also their health. Birds can reduce respiratory infections and create health problems, including premature death, smoking or smoking cessation."

Last edited:
OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Recap of google translate's bird info:
  • fill the board(like a paper bag!)

• Macau mini are small and easy to use(no)

• Inko-ai ate pomegranate

• Timne and Congo Macuit (Psittacus) are the most intelligent monkeys

• We need more games that we can waste our time on

• Californians are magical

• mother seed

• the metal is so wide it cuts your fingers and ears!

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
The first paragraph of my fiction story "Parrot Land" (prob I have no idea what to translate, lol)

original:
"Somewhere in eastern Scarlet Macaw Land, there lives Natalie. She is a scarlet macaw and her best(?) friend is Cunigunde - a catalina macaw. One day before Natalie moved her family town, she decided to meet Cunigunde for the last time. It is a hard moment for them both. They promised themselves to meet each other in the future..."

Translated:
"Natalie Scarlett lives in East Macau. She is from Red Macau with her best friend (?) And Catalina Macau in Kunigand. One day before she leaves home, Natalie decides to meet Cunningham for the last time. It was a difficult time for all of us. I promise, see you sometime ..."

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
How exactly do you translate? do you translate to 20 different languages?
Ok, you select a paragraph you want to translate. Put it in google translate, translate it to a language(example: chinese), translate it to ANOTHER language(example: russian) and repeat it till its been translated 20 times, then translate it back to english. I hope that made sense:)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
From Jasper's thread

Original: Jasper is my 17-year-old yellow nape with a walnut obsession. Many members of this forum are in love with him (I have no idea why).

Translated: Zaph′sher and a man of seventy -seven years of age were bound together in the valleys. David is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter -day Saints.

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
From just posted thread about Pyrrhura conures:
Original:
"Species – it’s a taxonomic rank below genus (in this case – Pyrrhura). It may be green cheeked, crimson bellied, black capped conure and many others. Different species shouldn’t be crossbred (however green cheeked and black capped conures crossbreed in the wild)."

Translated:
"The reason for this is the base of the cab (now Parro). It can be green, a red belly, a black hat and so on. Species should not be mixed (even if horses work outdoors with green horns and black heads)."

I knew, I knew conures will become horses! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: The first used language was Polish and I dunno why Google translator ALWAYS translates "conures" to "koniki" ("little horses")

ZoeyBear

Jul 27, 2021
Media
United states
Parrots
Zoey (GCC) R.I.P
R.I.P Skittles (GCC)
Ok, you select a paragraph you want to translate. Put it in google translate, translate it to a language(example: chinese), translate it to ANOTHER language(example: russian) and repeat it till its been translated 20 times, then translate it back to english. I hope that made sense:)
Ok, I will try that, thanks

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Home page

Original: Welcome to ParrotForums.com - The premier Parrot and Bird Forum. The site was launched back in January 2005 as a dedicated website to offer Parrot Owners and bird enthusiasts a place to learn and share information. There are many areas of discussions ranging from Amazons, Budgies Parakeets & Cockatiels, Cockatoos, Conures, Congo & Timneh Greys, Macaws, and much more! If your new to the site please take a moment and register to enjoy all of the features of the site, it's free! Be sure to checkout these areas of the site.

Translated: Welcome to ParrotForums.com, a major platform for parrots and birds. The website was launched in 2005. January. As a unique website where parrots and bird watchers can learn and share information. Amazon, Boozy and Cockatoos, Cockatoos, Conor, Congo and Timneh Gray, Parrots and more! If you are new to the website, take a moment and sign up to use all the features of the website - it's free! Be sure to review these sections of the site.

Otherwise pretty close...

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
The beginning of the 2nd part of my story:
Original:
Natalie, Veronica, Daniel and Richard are still in Blue-and-Yellow Macaw Land walking with Yolanda. Daniel starts being angry and grouching - "When are we gonna come back?".
"Just few days left" - Natalie answered.
"We've already are here for 2 weeks and I wanna return..." - Daniel said.
"Stop complaining, you should tolerate other races from the beginning."
Daniel got even more angry after hearing what Natalie said. -"But I've never had anything against other species!"

Translated:
Natalie, Veronica, Daniel and Richard Macau are blue and yellow. Daniel, who fled to the Netherlands, protested bitterly. - When are we coming back?
“In a few days,” says Natalie.
"We'll be back in two weeks and I want to come back," said Daniel.
“Stop complaining, first you have to find out more.
"But on the contrary, I am not against it!"

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Lol! I translated the same text but used different languages (only Polish was used in both versions, all other languages are different) to check if I still get the macau:

"
Pick parrot Natalie Veronica; Daniel and Richard Yoland are still on the hook. Daniel growled angrily, "When are we going?"
“The days are over,” Natalia said.
“We’ve been here two weeks and I want to come back,” Daniel said.
- Wait, dog, head before the second game.
Daniel was very upset when he heard Natalia speak. But there is no contradiction between the other species."

This version is even more funny than the previous one :ROFLMAO: I didn't know about a dog which "head before the second game" :ROFLMAO:

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen