Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Rico is super picky and sensory sensitive but is willing to try new things if it fits his picky wants. can't be too soft, can't be too wet, can't be too red but there should be some because he will be less interested if there isn't any, can't have pomegranate because I am mildly allergic, and there cannot be any devil melon (watermelon) because it apparently is scary. things he likes so far is: Iceberg lettuce, romaine lettuce, red cabbage, carrots, apples, peeled orange skin, habanero, and boiled egg. any frozen or dried options to add would be fantastic. thank you so much!

grumpy birb pic 4 birb tax

Attachments

• IMG_7305.JPG
    IMG_7305.JPG
    293.1 KB · Views: 25

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
There are a lot of fantastic chop recipes here, hopefully you can mix and match and find the perfect one for Rico:)

Chop Recipes Resource Thread

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
My chop recipes are always heavily mixed with hot peppers, hottest you can buy. Parrots have 1 taste bud for every 100 we have, so what is hotter'n hell to us, is merely tangy to them. Chilies, habenero, Ghost, and jalapeno peppers make up a good 1/3 of my chop, and Salty LOVES his chap. THey are an excellent source of vitamin A.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
My chop recipes are always heavily mixed with hot peppers, hottest you can buy. Parrots have 1 taste bud for every 100 we have, so what is hotter'n hell to us, is merely tangy to them. Chilies, habenero, Ghost, and jalapeno peppers make up a good 1/3 of my chop, and Salty LOVES his chap. THey are an excellent source of vitamin A.
well, rico does like his habaneros! he does have a sweet beak tho just like me haha

I'm thinking something with broccoli, bell peppers, a habanero or 2, a chili, kale, peas and corn. maybe some bluebs but I'm not sure as it is about 15$ for a pound now in my local shop when it used to be 8 bucks a pound and we aint rich!
here is the basic chop I concocted with my pea sized brain:

carrot
kale
broccoli
bell pepper
peas
corn
blueberries
some sort of hot peppers
and daisies, chamomile, or dandelion grown from my yard.

I am not a fan of spinach as it can be poisonous in high dosages, and I can't exactly gauge how much is too much.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
If your making fresh every day, the bell and other regular peppers are OK, but if your making a big batch and freezing, bells are really watery and make the defrosted chop really wet and mushy. All the veggies are wet when run thru the food processer, so I really give the batch a long time to drain out the water before I start bagging it up. We make a good 2-1/2 months of chop at a time, baggie it up in 4-5 days worth per bag. Take the kitchen hammer to it to break off a meals worth. When defrosted I add 2 crumbled up Nutraberries, both to soak up the moisture and get some 'pellet' nutrients into him.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
If your making fresh every day, the bell and other regular peppers are OK, but if your making a big batch and freezing, bells are really watery and make the defrosted chop really wet and mushy. All the veggies are wet when run thru the food processer, so I really give the batch a long time to drain out the water before I start bagging it up. We make a good 2-1/2 months of chop at a time, baggie it up in 4-5 days worth per bag. Take the kitchen hammer to it to break off a meals worth. When defrosted I add 2 crumbled up Nutraberries, both to soak up the moisture and get some 'pellet' nutrients into him.
really? darn. i could chop bell peppers up occasionally and serve them real fancy since I am really good at that (I literally made a turd peanutbutter cookie-) like, a bell pepper slice with thinly sliced cucumber topped with a simmered blueberry sauce type thing and seebs.

Safamirza🤍

Mar 26, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
Can all birds eat hot peppers? I have a very picky eater cockatiel and was thinking about giving him some hot peppers.

Most Reactions

Latest posts