green cheek and peary are mating ?

I.love.conures

Oct 8, 2016
Parrots
Giggles -cinnamon GCC male. Kailani- pearly female .sea salt (salt) -albino cockatiel male .Pearl -albino cockatiel female R.I.P Keppel-peary male -I miss you boy.
So I will start at the beginning.i had a hand raised gcc male and a breeding pair of pearly conures':( sadly my male died :(. my female seemed very sad and she was mourning. we didn't think she would live alone in the aviary so we brought her in a cage next to my handraised gcc at the start they were not friends and now they both in the same cage because they are very good friends and now they are mating .can a gcc and a pearly conure mate and has thee been any record of a gcc + pearly hybrid
Just wanting some advice
:white1:Salt male albino :white1:pearl ,female albino:green2:gcc male :green2:pearly conure female

No personal experience, but I googled the pairing, and I read a letter a breeder had sent someone about GCC and pearly hybrids and how they tend to be oversized birds. From what he said, I would say they can definitely breed and it has been done before. I will note the person he was writing did not have success--she tried to mate a GCC and a hybrid of a GCC/pearly and the whole hatches died, every time. Here is a link to the site I found:

Name that Bird!

They are both Pyrrhura and very closely related it would be like a sun conure and a Jenday breeding. The babies should be fine but it is a hybrid and people like to keep parrots pure.

It will be fine if you want to deal with a breeding pair and raising babies.

Thanks everyone for the information

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back