Green Cheek Conure Biting

Sabrina.919

Jun 28, 2021
Hello! I have a Green Cheek Conure named Forky. Ive had him since June of this year and he was born in March. So he is still a baby. However, he has quite a biting problem. He has lots of toys in his cage that he loves to play with. Sometimes when I go to feed him, he gets very protective of his food like he thinks Iā€™m going to take it away. He tries to bite me when Iā€™m putting a treat in his bowl. I try to calm him down by talking to him but it doesnā€™t really help. I let him out of his cage almost every day after work but he usually stays on top of his cage. I have taught him target training but he is still learning. He bites pretty hard, not making me bleed or anything, but it does leave a mark. Usually when he bites is when Iā€™m getting too close to him or Iā€™m trying to pet him. I think he might just be scared. Iā€™ve gotten some conure books and Iā€™m reading them now. Any advice? I know it isnt going to go away over night. Or possibly any tips on bonding with a bird?

araz

Oct 9, 2021
Parrots
Green cheek normal turquoise
The key is "feeding him by your hand". He should trust you and its easiest way is feeding him by your hand and also remember that the cage is his property so he will be protective in the cage. so give him time and feed him out of the cage.

Most Reactions

Latest posts