Greenwing Macaw needs a great home

Mikefili

Feb 25, 2012
Hi, I have a wonderful Male 13 year old Greenwing, I have had him since hatching and love him like a son, he is the sweetest non aggressive boy, he is the gentle Macaw that everyone hopes to get. I live in south Florida and Regretfully must find a new home for him, I will not give him to a Breeder under any circumstances, he needs to go to someone who is a macaw person and understands large parrots who are as smart as a young child. Simon has a large vocabulary, not just mimicking words at all but actually communicates, he asks for what he wants. My daughter has no interest in keeping and loving Simon and I feel that I must do what’s best for Simon. If you are somewhat local, would like a perfect Greenwing please contact me. By the way he is not for sale, no re-homing fees or anything like that, I just want the best situation for Simon.
Please contact me on this forum and I will get my text number to you

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so sorry that you have to rehome your bird, I know how painful that must be.
Here is a link that may help you when you're making a decision on their new home.

Things To Keep In Mind When Rehoming

I hope you are able to find a wonderful home for Simon.

Jorxgue

May 4, 2023
Parrots
Sun Conure
Hello Mike. I recently read your post about your green macaw. I was curious if you were still in need of removing him. If you're free to talk i would love to tell you about my home and our outside bird aviary

Jorxgue

May 4, 2023
Parrots
Sun Conure
Thank you, this is o difficult
Hello Mike. I recently read your post about your green macaw. I was curious if you were still in need of removing him. If you're free to talk i would love to tell you about my home and our outside bird aviary. Quite surprised if u haven't found a home by now.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I really hope you find the perfect home for Simon and you are able to stay in contact with Simon <3
Wouldn't that be wonderful if you could have visits with Simon! He sounds like an amazing bird and you should have people lining up to adopt him especially in Florida where there are so many bird people. BE VERY PICKY! Simon deserves only the best home with only the most dedicated paronts.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I’m sorry to hear that you need to rehome your Greenwing macaw. I hope you find a new owner who is really educated on parrots.

I myself would love to adopt a macaw. They are my “dream” bird for training purposes. I adopted an Ekkie I just couldn’t be without, and he’s a permanent 2 year old like Simon. He keeps me on my toes, and is way more than enough bird for me.

Most Reactions