Groups?

Koko_the_fluf

Oct 16, 2021
Media
Seoul, South Korea
Parrots
Koko (green cheeked cinnamon conure gotcha date 5.18 2020)
I've been thinking about this Idea for months. So, for example If you really like conures than someone could make a conure-based group so people can join and have fun such as learning about conures, how to care for one. Examples: ~ fan group, Bird research group etc. (edit: I'm sorry if I explained this poorly)

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
I've been thinking about this Idea for months. So, for example If you really like conures than someone could make a conure-based group so people can join and have fun such as learning about conures, how to care for one. Examples: ~ fan group, Bird research group etc. (edit: I'm sorry if I explained this poorly)
Koko amazing idea!
In the past we had such groups and nobody was using them.
How about we have them again like they say when you keep it works so
how about we do it again? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
it's pretty cool I would definitely be in the bird research group
if some agree and some don't we could just do the voting and see what wins no on trying this or, yes to trying this again
please?

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
On one hand I like the idea, but on another one - I'm not sure the sense because we already have different subforums where we can create a thread about anything bird related.
However I think that the groups weren't being used probably because they weren't really visible so some members could not know about their existence. If similar thing would be recreated, I think it would be better to add them on the forums lists - below "normal" sections visible for us all, a "groups" section could be added with the groups we would belong to (so it would be different for each member). And it would be cool, if all the group members would get information about new posts (eg in "new posts" section). I remember that in the past there were no notifications so it was so hard to follow new threads - you had to enter the group to see if there were new posts (which were VERY rare - I was on two groups and sine I joined only one person wrote anything)
Just my thoughts

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
In the past we had such groups and nobody was using them.
This is correct. The groups were up for years, and almost all of them were unused.
I found the groups to be easy to find when we had them, and as a new member I joined a few. I went back to them a couple of times but no one posted so I stuck with the open forum which is a better set up anyway.

It's much better to start a thread with the title of what you're interested in, in the Hangout or where ever it fits best. That way it would be visible to all people on the forum and there would be more input.

Most Reactions

Latest posts