Growing up & sharing

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
Han Solo - SI Male Eclectus
Aw what a sweetie little boy Solo can be , he still doesn’t really like me touching his toys, but he allows it, but its a sure thing if I rummage in his toy box, he will stop what he is doing and fly over to watch & then guard it. Which is occasionally useful 😉 .. he follows his beloved bell everywhere..

He has just started to carry over a small toy to me and drop it next to me. We play for a minute together. After that he gets angry 😂
he is ‘trying‘ to share...

Attachments

• IMG_7684.jpeg
    IMG_7684.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Aw what a sweetie little boy Solo can be , he still doesn’t really like me touching his toys, but he allows it, but its a sure thing if I rummage in his toy box, he will stop what he is doing and fly over to watch & then guard it. Which is occasionally useful 😉 .. he follows his beloved bell everywhere..

He has just started to carry over a small toy to me and drop it next to me. We play for a minute together. After that he gets angry 😂
Yes my Moses protects his toys that he puts under the tv wall unit:) he barks at my wife when she goes to vacumn under there:) he protects and loves the red ball that my Service Dog used, she passed away several months ago and Moses everyday asks "Where's my Duchy" among many other words looking for Duchy... i also put his toys everyday in the santizer we used during covid for our cell phones:)

Attachments

• IMG_2024-01-09-08-00-14-271.jpg
    IMG_2024-01-09-08-00-14-271.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 5
OP
Talaya

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
So ............... progress? Sounds like a Yes.
Yes I think so!
, he even brought over his favourite toy of all the other day. A bell..
He brought it over to my feet and kept throwing it an inch or 2 and looking up At me.. so I did a few little throws too and he was quite happy for me to do that. Then he went on playing for a min before flying off with it.
i have to say this bell is really strong solid steel, I’ve trod on it many times and it has never buckled, last time I had a bruise for weeks, I really thought that clanger bit had sliced my foot.🤬
poor guy today has hurt a rear toe in his cage. While I was out. I got home and it was starting to puff a little before my eyes. second time he’s hurt that leg/foot.. Fingers crossed it gets better over the weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_9231.jpeg
    IMG_9231.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Maybe he could be coaxed into paying a game of fetch with the bell? I know he loves that one, but the tubular bells are far safer for everyone ( no sharp edge to step on, the clanger (clapper) is far recessed into them and the good ones are stainless steel. My Salty LOVES his bell and spends at least an hour a day playing and fighting with it.

OP
Talaya

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
Maybe he could be coaxed into paying a game of fetch with the bell? I know he loves that one, but the tubular bells are far safer for everyone ( no sharp edge to step on, the clanger (clapper) is far recessed into them and the good ones are stainless steel. My Salty LOVES his bell and spends at least an hour a day playing and fighting with it.
Hi
yes I hope so, he does have a tubular one aswell it’s a little too heavy for him But he plays & fights with it A bit Too.
we do try fetch with a willow ball, he sort of gets the idea. Been teaching him for 2 years 😂 he has a short & quickly frustrated attention Span.

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)

Hi there :) My my the eckies are quite similar:) it must be their inborn insticts:) Moses does similar things as Solo:)
He is protective of his toys as well and often goes under the tv wall unit and puts toys under there:) My wife will go to clean near there and he drops whatever he is doing and runs over to the wall unit and in bird language he says stay away from my toys:)
Moses loves there little plastic cat balls with a bell in it:) We buy them by the dozens at the Dollar store :) He will take a ball and bring it to me:) One day i gave him a sliver of sliced almond and now when he wants a treat (we call cookie) he finds the little plastic ball and brings it to me then looks in my T shirt Pocket for a sliver of almond :) Now he often says "Cookie" when he wants a treat but only gets treat when he does a good thing :)
sometimes he will roll the little ball to me and i will roll it back to him and this is a game he likes to play, i call the game soccer:)
You can see the little balls in the picture which i put in the sanitizer everyday:)
stay well and God bless Solo and Moses :)

Attachments

• IMG_2024-01-09-08-00-14-271.jpg
    IMG_2024-01-09-08-00-14-271.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 3

Most Reactions

Latest posts