grrrr!!

sillypeachface

Apr 6, 2012
Parrots
Peachfaced lovebird
my peaceface keeps ripping his food and water dish loose and dumping everything out ... how can i make this stop? :rainbow1:

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
I just attach cableties to mine...

caliopi

Jan 30, 2010
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot
King Parrot
We had the same problem with Puffin until a few weeks ago. No sooner would I put his food in the dishes in his cage than he would stick his beak out of the cage and play with the latch until he loosened it and then would grab the food bowl out and throw it out of the cage. Then he started to do it with his water bowl and pellet bowl. I got really worried as it was summer and I did not want him home with no food or water plus I got sick of cleaning up the mess!
My husband took a hammer to the compartment to make it harder to get the bowls out but Puffin found a way so in the end we got a handyman out to weld some extra notches in and he has not been able to do it since.

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
Sun Conure (Clifford), two budgies (Odin and Diana), and CAG (Bongo)
Stainless steel bowls, the kind that bolt to the cage. I had to get them for Clifford because he sorta "loves" his water bowl. Now he can "love" on it all he wants to and it wont dump over.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Try this!!! Walmart.com: Happy Home Pet Products Dog Crate Bowl For Large Dogs, 1ct: Dogs

They have the same exact bowls in the bird section at Walmart and they sell the same exact bowls at bird fairs, etc. I really like them and they really work quite well!!!

I had one for my Blue Crown conure for bathing in because she just didn't fit in her water bowl very well, but kept trying to squeeze herself in there. I bought it from Walmart as well and it hung onto the cage bars very nicely.

OP
S

sillypeachface

Apr 6, 2012
Parrots
Peachfaced lovebird
*sigh*... you know your bird is getting the best of you when after months of trying to get him to say pretty bird , you tell him to "shut his beak " and THAT is the phrase he chooses to parrot
thank you for the advice people

Most Reactions

Latest posts