Grumpus Birdus Senegalus

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
Blue Crown Conures: Tootsie and Rosco.
Senegal Parrot: Sidney.

Feathers of the past:
Budgies: Sunshine, Digit, Kiwi, and Yahto.
Senegal Parrot: Kelly.
"Fly free, little ones. Love and miss you."
I came home late after dark and Sidney let me know how he felt about being woke up by me when he was happily sleeping. I know I have to take him seriously when he is growling, but it was just so darn cute. Unlike what happened a couple of minutes later when I tried to put him back in so he could sleep and he made several attempts to chomp on a finger.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Cute. Yeah when I come home late and Salty has to be put to bed, its either trick him onto a hand or suffer the bloody consequences.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I think I’ve met this bird’s cousin, Cranky Beak the Meyers Parrot.

His issues are with unexpected changes, phone calls, other people coming close, masks, hats…he actually likes to be petted at night as long as I say “hi” first and then scritch head or rub beak.

Cranky Beak makes the most amazing whistles and Jungle Robot noises.

0A09B603-627F-4B65-8A50-231399583A8A.jpeg

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I particularly like the fake "foot raised to pick me up" sign. Salt-miser does that to trick me into thinking he wants to be picked up. Raise the foot (but keep beak open and ready to chomp). Nope not fallin' for it BUD.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I particularly like the fake "foot raised to pick me up" sign. Salt-miser does that to trick me into thinking he wants to be picked up. Raise the foot (but keep beak open and ready to chomp). Nope not fallin' for it BUD.
Jasper likes to work his way all around the digit, kind of like a can opener.

Most Reactions