Guess who's back... back again... Shady's back... tell a friend...

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Well, it's late, so naturally silly has set in.... and no clue why Eminem is stuck in my head... But I wanted to take a moment before heading off to bed to post before 'today' ends.

There looks to be many new faces here on Parrot Forums, but few names I recognize and hopefully with all the wonderful work that the Mod team is doing, I will see some old friends popping back up too!!

For those of you who don't know me, I was a member a couple years ago and I am the Adoption Coordinator for A Helping Wing Parrot Rescue in Blairstown, NJ. I am also the mom to the crazy snake girl (Victoria - riddick07) that posts the pics of all those gorgeous scaley family members we have in our home. I am notoriously a smartie pants, so when reading anything I write outside of serious topics, know I'm probably giggling to myself as typing :)

For those of you who remember me... let's all sing a round of Slim Shady... guess who's back... Shady's back... back again... tell a friend...

Not much has changed since early 2014 in reference to birds. I have not really added any permanent residents except for someone finding myself as the one who gets handed the special needs or disabled budgies that end up at the shelter. Thankfully not too many of them, I have a mini flock of only 4 of the noisey little buggers. The feathered love of my life is still Max, my bratty, too intelligent and very spoiled blue and gold macaw. Tho much has changed with Max, back then he was new to the home and very paranoid and had some serious separation anxiety issues, and was not very open to talking to anyone but me. Now he is a very happy outgoing, rules the house kinda guy, plays for hours on his own and has developed a wonderful friendship with my husband - truly Byron is dad, Max knows when he's in trouble and looks for dad to run interference. And of course dad sneaks him extra pine nuts and pistachios :) But, I will share more of an update on Max and his adventures over the last 2-1/2 years in the next few days!

I have not changed anything in my profile, so my pic is still Ivory, our bare eye cockatoo girl. Still the most social and sweetheart of a BE2 one could ever hope to meet, tho I have successfully helped her find her 'inner too' a bit too well and she has her moments of flying thru the home screaming for no apparent reason.

When I have a chance, I'll share lots of photos and videos including one many of you may have seen online and not known it was Max!! If you saw the Christmas video of a blue and gold beating up a singing Santa, well then you've met Max :) I couldn't believe his video hit 50,000 views in like a day.

Anyway, I'm off and babbling - which for those of you meeting me - I am so well known for... yes I'm a babbler, apologies in advance :)

I wanted to post this evening, say hello to new friends to be made and hope that maybe some old friends reading will chime in and say hi!! I look forward to learning all that has been happening and enjoy the chance to get to meet some new bird crazy friends.

On a personal note, I want to send a huge hug to Terri for reaching out to me today about returning to Parrot Forums. I was very touched that Terri and the mod team thought of me and reached out to have me back. I saw some of the fun posts the active topics, so I look forward to jumping back into the fun of things and also being here for anyone that personally or with my family / friends at A Helping Wing may be able to be of some help too!!

I will upload some pics tomorrow... forgot I need to have them on photobucket, so pics tomorrow I promise!! Including Max on his trip to the Outer Banks ;)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Jen, I can't tell you how happy I am to have you back! You and your sense of humor has been soooo missed! Thank you for joining us again, you made my day:)

I'm going to hold you to those updates, I can't wait to hear everything about Max and Ivory and your new budgie buddies!

Hope the crab was delicious this evening, my mouth is still watering!

Still smiling and doing a happy dance here:)

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Just haaaaad to bring that thing back....

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Hi Jen :)!! Missed you! I'm glad that you're back. You've always had a lot to offer the forum, whether good information or giggles. I can't wait to see new pics of your flock.. Max, Ivory, and new budgies!

Uh oh people, watch out for that mom/daughter team :D! Looking forward to it!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hi Jen! It's been way too long! Welcome back! I'll even sing a round of Slim Shady with you! I am so happy you agreed to return! Can't wait to hear the updates!

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Jen, I can't tell you how happy I am to have you back! You and your sense of humor has been soooo missed! Thank you for joining us again, you made my day:)

I'm going to hold you to those updates, I can't wait to hear everything about Max and Ivory and your new budgie buddies!

Hope the crab was delicious this evening, my mouth is still watering!

Still smiling and doing a happy dance here:)

Wait the brat is staying??? I thought it was like a prisoner exchange??? I was the lesser of the evils... well crap. ..

The crabs were awesome.... til I remember how to upload pics (Victoria any age comments and your butt is,walking to the reptile show tomorrow).... but here are links to before and after pics of the carnage Tor inflicted on the poor crustaceans.. .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8uvs4zppv4hfk3/20160812_200410.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzk0rszcaxlxvzf/20160812_210300.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/48yl80ffwryo2mv/20160812_210258.jpg?dl=0

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
I had like 3 pieces of shrimp that one was not me! The crabs were me though...

And you know I do have 2 cars I don't see why I would have to walk...

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
I had like 3 pieces of shrimp that one was not me! The crabs were me though...

And you know I do have 2 cars I don't see why I would have to walk...

Awesome so you're going alone.... perfect, the rest of us will be sleeping in... enjoy the drive and send pics....

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Yeah right like you don't want to see what Jay is showing up with..

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Great to see you back again, Jen! Your interesting and helpful posts were definitely missed! As was the hilarious banter between you and Victoria!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I missed the mother/daughter posts! No prisoner exchange here, and no parole either:)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome back, Jen!! I like you already considering you have Ivory as an avatar. Love the small toos!!!

You've been missed, so please make up for the lost time!!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Nice to 'meet' you!
I'm one of the newer people here... it's a pleasure to run into a returning favorite.
Patagonian hugzszszs to you and yours!

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Nice to 'meet' you!
I'm one of the newer people here... it's a pleasure to run into a returning favorite.

I love you already!!! Patties are one of my favorites. We've had two at the shelter recently and one needed some quiet hands on time, I told Jeanne (shelter owner) I could not bring her home to work with her, I swear she would go "missing ".

They are awesome birds and by far the most overlooked in the conure family. I'd look to see pics of your baby, do you have uploads of her?

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Welcome back, Jen!! I like you already considering you have Ivory as an avatar. Love the small toos!!!

You've been missed, so please make up for the lost time!!

Well crap, guess I'm not changing that pic to Max. 😄😨💕

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Nice to 'meet' you!

I love you already!!! Patties are one of my favorites. We've had two at the shelter recently and one needed some quiet hands on time, I told Jeanne (shelter owner) I could not bring her home to work with her, I swear she would go "missing ".

They are awesome birds and by far the most overlooked in the conure family. I'd look to see pics of your baby, do you have uploads of her?

YAYYY!
Yes, please follow any of the links in my signature... his movie, his art, his pet-of-the-day stuff, his Scrapbook right here!
How exciting!
I love you back!

Most Reactions

Latest posts