Jan 27, 2013
Turkiye
Parrots
Rio
Greenwing Macaw
Wildcaugh
Hi Dear Macaw owners members İ am berkay from türkiye İ need help for problem
İ bought a new Greenwing Macaw it is very cute ve loved it much
My question how we need feed it how its diet we use versele laga prestige parrot food and i feed it with fresh fruit. it is love much fresh fruit eat every time
My Questions are

1? have i feed it one or two times daily and take the cup from cage
or continusly should be in cage seed cup.

2?vegetables need cook or boil. or feed raw????

3?Fresh fruits how many times we need feed it daily.

shortly need meal times especially

Morning meal time and take cups out from the cage and evening meal time and take meal cups out from the cage

and a standart greenwing macaw daily how many cups eat seed
how many cups eat frsh fruit
how many cups eat vegetables

Please help me my sincerly friends and macaw masters

uashtFu.jpg

I would feed him right when he gets up in the morning, and in the late afternoon or evening for dinner, but you can offer him healthy snacks during the day. As for cooking, I would leave them raw and full of nutrients, but wash them off first. You should remove the cups with fruit or vegetables after he eats them or after a couple hours, as they will spoil. As for the seeds, I think you can leave them in for him to snack on. I would try to offer a sampling of fresh fruits and vegetables with seeds or pellets during every feeding( remember, no raw onions or avacados of any kind) and supplement with some large nuts.

Forgot to add, you should offer as many fruits and vegetables to him as possible, he can't over-do it on those, but I don't know how much seed to give him, you could try looking at the package maybe?

I personally would limit his seeds to half a cup. Mixed nuts, fresh fruits and veggies, stuffs you can cook for them such as beans, chicken breast meat, lentils, corn, sweet potatoes, pasta, etc etc. The freah stuffs should be his main diet. If your really worried about not getting enough nutrients you can feed pellets too to supplement.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back