hair dryer/blower recommendations?...

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
… Amy joined me for a shower this morning,she loves it and gets totally soaked thru and thru,flapping and screeching in a joyous bliss.I have always wrapped her in a towel afterwards,pat her down,roll her around..she tolerates that and makes a game out of it by chewing the towel and kicking at it but is never aggressive/p.o. at me for doing it,but it doesn't get her completely dry or more like dry to my satisfication,so I went looking for a hair dryer. I KNOW no Teflon but the dozen or so that I looked at at WallyMart had NO info on what they were made of :eek:
I saw a couple that mentioned 'ceramic" but I am clueless on what to do or what to get..help/ideas folks?
I also looked for a scale but the only ones were the types that weigh food and nowhere really for a birdie to perch/sit. Amy might stand on one of those long enough to get a reading but the beebs would be running around in seconds.
going to check Amazon and see what the offer I guess.

Jim

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I use a radiant heat panel, my birds sit in front abd dry that way. I got my scale at Walmart and put a square casserole dish on it BB would be able to perch on that too like my little ones.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
My Conair Cord-Keeper 1875 is supposedly safe: model -e256185
I called, but I don't use it often, so I am assuming they were correct...

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.

I saw that exact same model today! Pretty inexpensive too. TY!

Jim

bigfellasdad

Sep 21, 2017
Media
NorthWest England
Parrots
Enzo - adopted Female CAG circa 2004. A truly amazing young lady!
What! On the rare occasion Enzo takes a good bath she will find a warm spot or simply on my PC monitor and preens for ages, nice and quietly for a change..... I really enjoy the peace :)

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?

I saw that exact same model today! Pretty inexpensive too. TY!

Jim

When I called, I just asked about PTFE, PFOA (abbreviations + full names) and Teflon. So, it reportedly has none of those in it, but I didn't know to look for other fluorinated compounds at the time, so those are the 3 I checked.

Taprock

Oct 22, 2015
Northern l.p. Michigan
Parrots
Buzz - CAG,
Ziggy - Nanday/Sun Conure,
Jasper - Goffin
Loki - Starling
Gloria - Foster CAG
I have never used a hair dryer on the parrots but I have used them on my Polish chickens. Beyond the safety issues there are two features t are nice to have for birds. Find a model that allows a slower speed and blowing cool, warm or hot air. The warm air at a low speed seems to work well without being too traumatic for them.

Most Reactions

Latest posts