Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Happy Gotcha Day to my sweet Baxter!
FrankDisguisedEelelephant-size_restricted.gif
Four years ago today, I finally gave in to your charm and brought you home. ♥️ Lots of changes in the house since then, but one thing that hasn't changed is our amazing bond. I've been a bit of a slacker and forgot to post on your hatch day, March 1st, a milestone, the big 21! Yup, you're old enough to go buy me booze now! 🤣🤣🤣
I love you, beautiful girlie. 🥰
20230113_222329.jpg

Of course we started off the special day with lots of treats among her fresh chop, and even a couple sunflower seeds. (which she never gets cuz she's, ummmmm... a full figured gal 🤣 ) Then a nice steamy shower with dad.
20230316_111617.jpg

So much for non removable grippy stuff on the shower perch. This one is less than a month old!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Awwwwww, I love this, just look how happy you both are, and I know you have been from day 1! Happy Gotcha Day, Belated Hatch Day and Congratulations Jon & Baxter!! Daddy's best girl is another who sure did hit the rehoming jackpot when she came home with you! 💖

BAXTERGOTCHA.png

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Happy 4th Gotcha Day Beautiful Baxter!!!

happy-gotcha-gotcha-day.gif

I can't believe it's already been 4 years, and I'm looking forward to celebrating years and years of Gotcha Days with you and your amazing Dad! Auntie Terry loves you 💚

gotcha-day-banner.jpg

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Baxter says thank you, everyone! She had a great day with lots of extra snuggle time in the evening before bed. Aaaaaaaand, she finally took a day off of her hormonal nesting shredding behavior that's been kind of a challenge the last few weeks. I'm really hoping this signals the end of THAT season for her. This is the heaviest season she's had since she got here. 🙄

I guess I'm lucky. She hasn't been aggressive or anything like that at all, just a little more amorous and shredding all the paper at the bottom of the cage, and hiding under the cage, obviously looking for a nesty type spot. No eggs thus far, and fingers crossed that we don't see any. 🤞

Snuggly girlie ❤️❤️❤️
20230317_085250.jpg

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Aaaaaaaand, break is over. :( She's back to shredding the paper, backing herself up to the corner of the cage with her tail down through the grate, and having her way with the bars of the grate. Inventive I guess, but kinda gross 🙄:(🤣

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Aaaaaaaand, break is over. :( She's back to shredding the paper, backing herself up to the corner of the cage with her tail down through the grate, and having her way with the bars of the grate. Inventive I guess, but kinda gross 🙄:(🤣
Just remember that it's a better place than your head:)

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Haha, very true. When our boy Cuckoo was with us, he had a thing for molesting my wife's hair! Now THAT was gross, and there was no stopping it. He'd latch on tight with both feet and the beak, and wouldn't let go until he... Ummm... Finished 🤮🤣

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Haha, very true. When our boy Cuckoo was with us, he had a thing for molesting my wife's hair! Now THAT was gross, and there was no stopping it. He'd latch on tight with both feet and the beak, and wouldn't let go until he... Ummm... Finished 🤮🤣
Baxter using the grate suddenly sounds like a very polite way to get the job done😂

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Yeah but... Eeew! 🤣

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Julio is having another day of life is better.
The weather is cold again and we are having lake effect snow today.
Only more time will till.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I can't believe I missed her gotcha day! I'll never forget how long it took you to JUST BRING HER HOME ALREADY! 😍😍

BaxTER! BaxTER!! ❤️❤️❤️

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Happy Gotcha Day to my sweet Baxter!
View attachment 48401
Four years ago today, I finally gave in to your charm and brought you home. ♥️ Lots of changes in the house since then, but one thing that hasn't changed is our amazing bond. I've been a bit of a slacker and forgot to post on your hatch day, March 1st, a milestone, the big 21! Yup, you're old enough to go buy me booze now! 🤣🤣🤣
I love you, beautiful girlie. 🥰
View attachment 48399

Of course we started off the special day with lots of treats among her fresh chop, and even a couple sunflower seeds. (which she never gets cuz she's, ummmmm... a full figured gal 🤣 ) Then a nice steamy shower with dad.
View attachment 48398
So much for non removable grippy stuff on the shower perch. This one is less than a month old!
I noticed you have a beautiful wood ceiling very similar to mine! Maybe it's a Maine thing. Don't worry, I always turn off the ceiling fan when my birds are out!

Attachments

• IMG_20230103_154109372.jpg
    IMG_20230103_154109372.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 22

Most Reactions

Latest posts