Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Okay, actually it was yesterday, but life got in the way, and I missed it. :(

So, three years gone by already, and today is now day one beginning our fourth year together! I have no idea where three years have gone, and in the same breath, it feels like my lovely girl has been with me forever. Cheers, beautiful lady. Here's to many, many more to come!
20220313_231605.jpg
20220301_225951.jpg
20220301_231642.jpg

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Okay, actually it was yesterday, but life got in the way, and I missed it. :(

So, three years gone by already, and today is now day one beginning our fourth year together! I have no idea where three years have gone, and in the same breath, it feels like my lovely girl has been with me forever. Cheers, beautiful lady. Here's to many, many more to come!
View attachment 37062View attachment 37063View attachment 37064
HOW DARE YOU FORGET THIS HANDSOME GIRL'S GOTCHA DAY!?
Happy happy Gotcha Day to you, Baxter!

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Thanks folks! She's having a good day so far. Shower time with dad and some extra hang out on the shoulder time. Might be a new toy or two to destroy any minute now. Not that we spoil them at all... ;)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Happy gotcha day Baxter!
Jasper says he wanna marry her someday πŸ˜‰

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
A Very Happy (belated) Gotcha Day Baxter!
I know that you will fully enjoy this wonderful day as your Human caved to your want of him!!

Love it when an Amazon proves that they are much better at choosing than Humans are!!

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Happy gotcha day!! Amazons are beautiful parrots. I will admit they scare me! They were loyal to the lady who ran the shelter, and the volunteers that had been there for years. However for a newbie like myself they were tricky, and they'd look like they wanted some cuddles just to bite. I tried clicker training one time, and that Amazon snapped the wood chopstick without effort. When I tried to clean one of the Amazon's cage he didn't like me so he took all of his papers that I just changed, pulled them out, and threw them on the floor. Amazon's are very smart, and they really enjoyed giving the newbies a hard time :ROFLMAO:

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
Happy gotcha day!! Amazons are beautiful parrots. I will admit they scare me! They were loyal to the lady who ran the shelter, and the volunteers that had been there for years. However for a newbie like myself they were tricky, and they'd look like they wanted some cuddles just to bite. I tried clicker training one time, and that Amazon snapped the wood chopstick without effort. When I tried to clean one of the Amazon's cage he didn't like me so he took all of his papers that I just changed, pulled them out, and threw them on the floor. Amazon's are very smart, and they really enjoyed giving the newbies a hard time :ROFLMAO:

This is totally OT to Baxter's gotcha day - but the rescue I've been visiting is boarding two Amazons - one is 50+ years old and LOVES cuddles, and the other is younger and is very very good at luring the volunteers into feeling confident - then lightning fast biting their fingers and CACKLING while walking up and down his cage πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

(Please don't tell the boarding 'toos or Macaws there, but the 'zons are my favorite to watch)

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Lol, I get it. I'm pretty comfortable with them as I've had them for quite some time. Baxter is my second. She's... different I guess. She was okay with the refuge owner, and somewhat tolerated a few of the female volunteers, but not a single male, volunteer or potential adoptors. No idea why she picked me, but she's a total love with me. Makes me feel special :)

Most Reactions