Oct 19, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
(Birdie - Jenday Conure)
(Kiwi - Green Cheek Conure)
(Elby - Lovebird)
(Gorou & Liberty - Ringneck Doves)
Hey everyone!

I'm curious, if you feed hard boiled eggs to your fids--do you let them have the yolk?

I know the bulk of the good nutrients is in the whites and the shell, but the yolk is so much tastier (lol!) that I always want to give them a bit of yolk. I know it's fatty though, so I'm wondering if anyone has any strong opinions one way or the other... if it's really no good, if it's good for them, or if it's just meh fine for them.

They're chomping away on egg right now so it's too late to change my ways today :p but it'll be good to know what you all think for the future.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Yeah, maybe once or twice a month I offer eggs to my flock.
It’s great for calcium and I recommend it to owners whose birds don’t use their cuttlebones.
I give the entire hard boiled egg, whites and yolk, and I don’t think much of it if I accidentally miss some shell.
It’s a good addition to the diet; just maybe not every day.

oliver_is_the_best_birb

Jan 14, 2022
Media
Parrots
Oliver: Green Cheek Conure
Hey everyone!

I'm curious, if you feed hard boiled eggs to your fids--do you let them have the yolk?

I know the bulk of the good nutrients is in the whites and the shell, but the yolk is so much tastier (lol!) that I always want to give them a bit of yolk. I know it's fatty though, so I'm wondering if anyone has any strong opinions one way or the other... if it's really no good, if it's good for them, or if it's just meh fine for them.

They're chomping away on egg right now so it's too late to change my ways today :p but it'll be good to know what you all think for the future.
I didn't even know birds could have yolk- thanks I guess :p

Most Reactions

Latest posts