Harness training turns playtime

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
I really thought she would be scared of it...because its new and black, but.....

[ame=http://youtu.be/MCDHG_HYtEE]Harness training....er, playing. - YouTube[/ame]

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
eeeeeeeee!!! I saw this post after you posted on mine!!! YAAAAAY!!!!!!! That is a great sign!!!!

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
LOL, I know it is old, but the same thing happend here.

Silly macaw thinks it is a toy almost from day one: loves throwing the black whosname around and trying to take it apart, running after it, tugging it of my hand.
She saw me putting a blue one on the greys and decided that it must be something like her empty bottles (her favorite toy atm: the small cola/soda ones, because she can fling them far away, smack them in my face and throw them on her own back so she can scare herself...)

That is as far as I go for now with her- just wanted her to get used to the idea of harness...
It got worse than that... my other greys aviator is also black, so if I try to put his on-- she will protest: nobody can play with HER toy!!

Most Reactions