Head shaking

kuttnup250

Sep 16, 2012
Parrots
Bf amazon
I know sometimes head shaking can be a sign of trouble but I really don think this is the case with my zon..sometimes when we are talking to him and he gets really excited..it's hard to explain he will swivel or shake or almost snake his head around really quick...it's kinda funny and he only does it when excited...it almost resembles what he does while I give him a bath and he wants more...anyhow I didn't know if this was normal or if it was a body language thing and he was trying to tell us somethin..

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Get us a video. I have a hen nape who does something like that, and gives raspberries at the same time. Kind of cute.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I "think" what you describe is what I call "doing the Stevie Wonder". My Hunter does this when she gets excited. :D

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Yeah Wendy, i know what your talking about. "Stevie Wonder thing" that's a perfect description.

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
LOL, that description hits the nail on the head. Bosley also does this when super excited

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
To the OP, don't be confused. We're not saying this is what your bird is doing. It's just something we have in common with our birds. Please respond and don't let us derail your thread.Can you get us some video?

OP
kuttnup250

kuttnup250

Sep 16, 2012
Parrots
Bf amazon
Ohh too funny!! I couldn't remember the Stevie wonder head shake lol so I you tubed it and that's it...hehe yeah I feel a little guilty but its so true!! I will c if I can catch him n record it but that's exactly what I'm talkin bout!!!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Good, in that case, you've got the average zon. welcome to our world, LOL

OP
kuttnup250

kuttnup250

Sep 16, 2012
Parrots
Bf amazon
Lol thanks!! Entertaining world!! Learning more everyday!! Amazing creatures!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts