Hello all

Shamdog

Mar 31, 2017
Media
Lomita, CA
Parrots
Yellow Nape Amazon
I've never joined a forum but have been a bird person for over 35 years. I have read several bird magazines and subscribed to Bird talk for several years. I've owned several Goffin cockatoo's and cockatiels before I found my Yellow nape at a garage sale.After talking to the owner and his neighbor it was decided that Zeke was in his early 20's when we bought him. That was 29 years ago.
Zeke is still looking good and eats like a horse. I also had a blue front named "Eli" but he gave Zeke too much stress so he had to go.
I made a commitment to keep and love this bird until one of us dies but this is my last bird. I taught my bird many things but I can't teach him to be quiet.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtzSFBgfSMA"]Zeke's Rant - YouTube[/ame]

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots
-Jazz, Normal Grey Cockatiel /

-Chessie, Pearl Cockatiel /

-Perry, Black capped Conure /

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Love this! He makes perfect howler monkey calls and a Tarzan noise. I'm just dying laughing.

Curious, has he ever been DNA tested male?

OP
Shamdog

Shamdog

Mar 31, 2017
Media
Lomita, CA
Parrots
Yellow Nape Amazon
Never DNA tested. We decided he's a male many years ago but not sure why. DNA testing was not a cheap thing back then and now it doesn't really matter.
It would be weird if Zeke was a girl so I guess we would rather not know.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. Know what you mean about DNA testing. Salty is a male until he starts laying eggs.

promethuschow

Mar 17, 2017
Queens, NYC
Parrots
CAG, GCC, Mynha
Welcome to the forum, I have the same feeling with my CAG, rescued him 3 years before.. i don't want to know it's a he or she :) I just decided its a HE hence he will be forever called " John" until one of us depart to meet the man upstairs.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to the forums, thanks for sharing Zeke's story! Beautiful and very talented bird with great longevity.

I am addicted to Goffins and have a family of 5 for many years. Two wild-caught parents and 3 hand-fed offspring. Just love their personalities and sweetness!!

OP
Shamdog

Shamdog

Mar 31, 2017
Media
Lomita, CA
Parrots
Yellow Nape Amazon
Thanks Scott,
We had a Goffins named "Bubba" for a couple years. He was an amazing animal. An escape artist with a thirst for mischief.

Bubba would lay on his back on my chest and let me scratch his belly for hours.

He could operate the cage locks and would tear the bristles from the tooth brushes and run toilet paper through the house. He would always be back in his cage when we got home with something from the bathroom.

His screaming almost had us evicted so we found him a home where he entertained customers at a business for the rest of his life.

I think Goffins are the loudest birds pound for pound. But I'm sure you know what I'm talking about having 5.

respect

Most Reactions