Hello All :)

Arkadis

Dec 21, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Parrots
Orion - Green Cheek Conure
Hello people,

I just joined this forum. Though I remember I used to have a account on here a while ago (can't remember what it was, or if it even still exists for that matter). But happy I've joined again :)

I've had various different bird species over the last 14yrs, and was a breeder for many of those - unfortunately I had unresolved mental health issues at the time, (sorted now), and found homes for many of them (my last IRN passed two years ago :( ).

At the moment I only have the one bird Orion - a Turquoise Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure. Though u will be getting a breeding pair once the aviary arrives and it all set up. Hoping she'll have a Violet avaliable, but I'll have to wait and see, when I'm ready.

Aside from birds, I'm into a lot of gaming and art :)

I'll upload some pic of my current bird later

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
welcome to you. I've wanted to use the name Orion fir a pet fir several years but it never matched. Im excited to meet yours!

Kudos to you for helping normalize conversations about mental health. We actually have a thread in the forum about mental health and Parrots. Hopefully a tech savvy member will link it.

What kind of art? Any parrot art??? :)
I'm a hobby painter, I have the drive, but I find painting very challenging to the skill set I was blessed with. Lol very challenging.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and Orion, thanks for returning! Dormant accounts do not typically expire. If you recall original registration email, it may be possible to identify and use in lieu of new account. Your choice, and nothing wrong with a fresh start! If interested, send me a PM and I'll approach our administrator.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Hello and welcome! Always glad to have new input/members (this site is seriously a great resource!)

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Turquoise Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure? can I see pics???? Please post pics!

Also like welcome back and stuff but gimme a better pic!!!!

OP
Arkadis

Arkadis

Dec 21, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Parrots
Orion - Green Cheek Conure
welcome to you. I've wanted to use the name Orion fir a pet fir several years but it never matched. Im excited to meet yours!

Kudos to you for helping normalize conversations about mental health. We actually have a thread in the forum about mental health and Parrots. Hopefully a tech savvy member will link it.

What kind of art? Any parrot art??? :)
I'm a hobby painter, I have the drive, but I find painting very challenging to the skill set I was blessed with. Lol very challenging.

I don't really do parrot art, I can never really get them right :(
But I do dragons, and a bunch of other misc sketches, etc. Trying to get into spray paint stuff, but don't quite the the gear for it yet.

As for mental health, family I have didn't really talk about it (also abuse bull from them, so...) it took me forever to get the right help (medication).

But yeah, Orion was the only name that really fit for him out of all of them. My other two will probably also have constellation, universe or have god/heavens themed names :)

Welcome to you and Orion, thanks for returning! Dormant accounts do not typically expire. If you recall original registration email, it may be possible to identify and use in lieu of new account. Your choice, and nothing wrong with a fresh start! If interested, send me a PM and I'll approach our administrator.

Yeah, I can't remember any of my old stuff, so forever to the void it appears, lol.

Turquoise Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure? can I see pics???? Please post pics!

Also like welcome back and stuff but gimme a better pic!!!!

Yeah, I will. I need to upload them places first :)
I'll put some up tomorrow

Thank you all for the warm welcome

Last edited:

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome back!

9lhIlM0.jpg

Most Reactions