Hello and Laissez les bons temps rouler

TRBLMKR

Feb 4, 2023
Parrots
Galah cockatoo
Hello everyone,
New to forum and stopping to say hello before I let the questions fly, lol. My family and I live in Louisiana. I haven't owned a bird in quite some time. Last being a scarlet macaw but that was before I was married (long time ago). Recently acquired two male galah cockatoos whilst looking for a macaw. House is now five males and one female. My poor wife might not make it through the wrestling, yelling, fighting. Now bird poop, seeds, and the loudest yelling in history. You think the people that keep birds are the people that dream of flying the most?

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Welcome to the Forums! Wow, that sounds like quite a flock! I had my hands full with one... Then two... And now three 🤣

I've always thought galahs were gorgeous birds, and one on my bucket list. Sadly, I have no experience with toos, so maybe someday long in the future. So happy we have our little forum here, so I can live vicariously through other folks who have them :) We love pictures here if you'd like to share. (Hint, hint ;) )

OP
TRBLMKR

TRBLMKR

Feb 4, 2023
Parrots
Galah cockatoo
20230109_142839.jpg

Where are my manners. This guy is Sammy (3yrish) and the old grump in the back is Sawyer (8yrish). One galah much less two of them belonging to another family is challenging to say the least.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Welcome to the forum! Galahs are one of my dream birds, they are so beautiful! Sammy and Sawyer look like they're both full of personality:)

I'm so happy you joined us!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I am an Amazon Snob, myself, but Too's seem to like me a bit more than I like them. It is likely the dark eyes as I am so very use to the variation of color Amazons display.

As a species, they are naturally loud with room filling personalities as a single Companion Parrot! To have a group has to be inspiring at the very least and ear splitting at the very worst.

The likelihood of anything wandering to you yard unnoticed would be unlikely as the group likely alarms early and long.

Welcome to Parrot Forums, enjoy!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts