Hello everyone :)

Meryem

Oct 1, 2016
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Parrots
Love birds,Cockatiel
My name is Meryem,living in Bosnia and i love a lot all birds:)
As English not my native language i truly hope you guys wont mind me that,at the end i am sure we will understand each other.
I have to say i was cat lover till i did not get an lovely bird Pennant from my brother, so our blue bird in my family now over one year.
Researching how to tame it,more and more i have found this site and saw as much is hard to tame an Pennant but seems we progressing pretty well.

In one year being with us and i cant tell i worked hardly with him he get used to all members of my family,always free to fly around so he freely come on the table to steal some food from us ..even from your hands.

For now this is it and soon i figure out how everything going on this web page i will add some photos of us.

Attachments

• Pile.png
    Pile.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 176
Welcome! I look forward to learning more about Rosellas through your participation here.
Meanwhile, something I think you'll enjoy: take any issue or topic which interests you, and use the Search Tab to read about it. I do that a lot. The people here are an amazing source of information, advice, and support.
Again, welcome.

Welcome to the forums, we're happy you joined us! Your English is great and your bird is lovely! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Welcome! I look forward to learning more about Rosellas through your participation here.
Meanwhile, something I think you'll enjoy: take any issue or topic which interests you, and use the Search Tab to read about it. I do that a lot. The people here are an amazing source of information, advice, and support.
Again, welcome.

Thank you a lot for warm welcome.I don't know how much i can help for i come here to learn more ;)When i get him he was not afraid much and after one week i was able to place my hand in his cage and same time i let him fly free through whole home,(of course until he did not destroy few pictures on my walls and my husband see it :()I tried with training and yes..he trust me enough to come on my hand pick up the food and fly away again.
He is with us more than one year now and that is all our progress for now.

I noticed that my parrot loves my husband more than me :confused:,and i am really jealous because (this part will be funny)but yes..my hubby do not likes any physically contacts with any animal ;).I wont say he afraid of them so he do not pay attention parrot,do nothing to him so i believe because he ignoring him parrot get curious.

I heard they are very territorial and my parrot reacted different with each member of my family.He do not mind anyone of them changing his food or water or cleaning his cage but he don't let anyone touch his toys :D.

Trying to figure out is it better for him to get him his mate,but i heard they will not be bound to owner if not alone :/? so does anyone know the answer?

Welcome and be welcomed. Most birds have a favorite person within the flock but often they can learn to be friends with more then one. It takes socializing with each family member. Perhaps he has a favorite treat he loves - you can be the only person to give him that special treat. Play pass the birdie - each family member holds him for 5 minutes, then passes him to the next. Or everyone tsakes turns feeding him a little bit of food at dinner. But not too much people food - its not the best thng for parrots.

And please be careful around open windows and doors. Your birdie is flighted, right? Dont want him flying out an open window or door by accident. All it takes is a second, especially with doors, and 'WHOOSH' be could be gone.

Welcome, thank you for joining! Your English and written communication are excellent! It is so nice to have members from all over the globe!!

Welcome and be welcomed. Most birds have a favorite person within the flock but often they can learn to be friends with more then one. It takes socializing with each family member. Perhaps he has a favorite treat he loves - you can be the only person to give him that special treat. Play pass the birdie - each family member holds him for 5 minutes, then passes him to the next. Or everyone tsakes turns feeding him a little bit of food at dinner. But not too much people food - its not the best thng for parrots.

And please be careful around open windows and doors. Your birdie is flighted, right? Dont want him flying out an open window or door by accident. All it takes is a second, especially with doors, and 'WHOOSH' be could be gone.
Thank you so much Mr. Wrench13 ,yes i am really careful when he out of the cage.Even my boys knocking first before entering like they come to home of the strangers ;) and usually having foil on the door and the windows if keep it opened.

I'm mixed up this week because my parrot become a little aggressive,start attacking even me.If he is "doing" something and afraid i will take it from him he behave protective turning toward me ready for attack.Even if i just passing beside him.If offering him the toy he ready to attack but if i holding the food little evil is fine.

Reading about Rozellas i got info that they can be aggressive during mating and it is a passing phase.

Seeing you with your parrot on your shoulder Mr Wrench made me laugh remembering how my hubby looked when my parrot came to him,on his shoulder.He looked like an eagle landed at him.I was really happy he did so hoping he will get used to all of us and come to us as well but no,he simply interested in my hubby and i will repeat again he do not let him stay on his shoulder so he escaping ;)

Lucky i memmorized that momment so i'll share it with you guys.
Simple File Sharing and Storage.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back